The Great Big Progress Thread for 2015

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
enid

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2015

Post by enid » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:46 pm

Mancs said they were still currently short-listing, but they'd let people know via email at the end of next week at the very latest.

badscience

Post by badscience » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:57 pm

Essex
Leeds
Lancaster
Liverpool

QUB

A very sad, thin envelope landed on my doormat this afternoon :?

Essex only has 10 places?! - I don't know why this is news to me, but I was sure it was more than that.

Mmarlborough

Post by Mmarlborough » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:08 pm

No email yet for me for Cov - but I didn't get one last year - just a letter (which was a no). Can't help but think they email successful applicants and the rest are letters - based on last year!

Mmarlborough

Post by Mmarlborough » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:09 pm

Frankbutcher wrote:Cov & Warwick have just sent out an email regarding interviews.
Was it a yes email?

Psychological

Post by Psychological » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:16 pm

Mmarlborough wrote:No email yet for me for Cov - but I didn't get one last year - just a letter (which was a no). Can't help but think they email successful applicants and the rest are letters - based on last year!
Last year I received a letter inviting me to interview, but I seem to recall the unsuccessful applicants received letters too.

Good luck everyone!

memifer

Post by memifer » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:24 pm

enid wrote:Mancs said they were still currently short-listing, but they'd let people know via email at the end of next week at the very latest.
I've been watching my inbox like a hawk today as Manchester sent their emails on 26th Feb last year, so was hoping it would be the same this year!

Hoping they email sooner rather than later so I can relax and stop stalking my inbox :?

I know Liverpool and Lancs leave it until right near the deadline...I've made my peace with that :lol:

dancinbee

Post by dancinbee » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:25 pm

badscience- i feel you. Its always important to have hope but it is gutting to receive a no. Warmest wishes for the others

Nads

Post by Nads » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:26 pm

My supervisor was invited to shortlist at liverpool and said that Liverpool might be finishing shortlisting about the 4th March but that could be wrong. He told me that he decided not to shortlist because I didnt bribe him enough. Note to self, bribery may be the fequal success! :D

Nads

Post by Nads » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:28 pm

* equal to

Nads

Post by Nads » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:29 pm

* equals. Been a long day!

PsyJason

Post by PsyJason » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:35 pm

Since Cov&War has been mentioned I keep checking the email box. Not a healthy habbit im sure!

memifer

Post by memifer » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:49 pm

Nads wrote:My supervisor was invited to shortlist at liverpool and said that Liverpool might be finishing shortlisting about the 4th March but that could be wrong. He told me that he decided not to shortlist because I didnt bribe him enough. Note to self, bribery may be the fequal success! :D

Haha...I've tried the bribery route with one of our psychologists at my place of work :lol: . Sadly my form was not included in his shortlist pile. :o

***all references to bribery are all in jest, I am of outstanding moral character :wink: ***

Mikel Arteta

Post by Mikel Arteta » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:54 pm

I did compile a message, but it vanished! You crazy kids! Congratulations to all those who have gained interviews, well done :) For those that haven't, hang in there; you will get there eventually, if not this year, maybe the year after. The more experience the easier it is on the doctorate.

For those who have gained interview at Coventry, congratulations, I trained there (finished last year), great course :)

As my Clin.Doc. application advice wiki was really well received and I was asked by many to an interview one, I have been putting one together; it is almost done. I will let people know when it is done and where it is available.

Mods, how do I slot in in the wiki section or should I just put it on here as a topic?

Thanks - Mikel.
Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly, all your life
you were only waiting for this moment to arise
:)

enid

Post by enid » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:30 pm

memifer wrote:
enid wrote:Mancs said they were still currently short-listing, but they'd let people know via email at the end of next week at the very latest.
I've been watching my inbox like a hawk today as Manchester sent their emails on 26th Feb last year, so was hoping it would be the same this year!

Hoping they email sooner rather than later so I can relax and stop stalking my inbox :?

I know Liverpool and Lancs leave it until right near the deadline...I've made my peace with that :lol:
Same thoughts, hence me emailing them in the end. A shame it might not be till next week, but also good to know it will be next Fri at the latest.
My others are on the deadline too, so alll good.

ElizabethB

Post by ElizabethB » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:08 pm

Mikel Arteta wrote: As my Clin.Doc. application advice wiki was really well received and I was asked by many to an interview one, I have been putting one together; it is almost done. I will let people know when it is done and where it is available.
Thanks - Mikel.
Really looking forward to reading this Mikel :D thanks for taking the time to collate and produce a new wiki. I'm sure it will be very insightful and useful :)

Sorry to all those with disappointing news. Not long before we all find out where we stand re interviews. I'm not expecting any further news until near the deadline, yet I'm still checking! :oops: :roll: stressful times :twisted: :eye:
"I am different, not less."—Temple Grandin
'A door opened and I went through it!' Temple Grandin
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill