The Great Big Progress Thread for 2015

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
marsupialmama

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2015

Post by marsupialmama » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:54 pm

Rannasaurus wrote::( :cry: :(
Trent just became Trent for me.
I feel quite lost. I knew I didn't do too well but I'm not really sure how much harder I can try.
I have Bath in a couple of weeks... any advice is always welcomed!
What firegal said.. also, remember, getting an interview alresdy means you are doing great and there really is a tough competition. I think ppl selecting must have a hard job as I think most folks who gets this far is pretty awesome. Keeping fingers crossedn for Bath!

amyaston88

Post by amyaston88 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:01 pm

Trent!!

Can't quite believe it! I have a staffs interview in May so got some decisions to make...

marsupialmama

Post by marsupialmama » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:21 pm

amyaston88 wrote:Trent!!

Can't quite believe it! I have a staffs interview in May so got some decisions to make...
Congratulations!

wysiwyg13

Post by wysiwyg13 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:31 pm

nospringchicken wrote:Congratulations Memifer! Found out at 5pm that I will be joining you at Bangor. I'm in disbelief and now even doubting that I had the phone call!.

I was due to interview at Coventry next week but will now be cancelling this. Good luck to whoever gets that space and to everyone involved in this process.

I have found this forum very helpful and supportive, but as a confidence-lacking lurker, I have not really contributed to it. When I get the confirmation letter (and can be sure that my mind has not played a cruel trick on me), I will post on the multiple timers/alternative experience thread

Nospringchicken, your Coventry interview went to me :) and I am very happy to say that I have been offered a place! So my status is now:

Coventry
Leicester
Birmingham
Oxford

Can't thank you enough for cancelling your interview!

AnsweringBell

Post by AnsweringBell » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:35 pm

wysiwyg13 wrote:
nospringchicken wrote:Congratulations Memifer! Found out at 5pm that I will be joining you at Bangor. I'm in disbelief and now even doubting that I had the phone call!.

I was due to interview at Coventry next week but will now be cancelling this. Good luck to whoever gets that space and to everyone involved in this process.

I have found this forum very helpful and supportive, but as a confidence-lacking lurker, I have not really contributed to it. When I get the confirmation letter (and can be sure that my mind has not played a cruel trick on me), I will post on the multiple timers/alternative experience thread

Nospringchicken, your Coventry interview went to me :) and I am very happy to say that I have been offered a place! So my status is now:

Coventry
Leicester
Birmingham
Oxford

Can't thank you enough for cancelling your interview!
D'aww. I absolutely love seeing stuff like this. Congrats to you both, getting what you wanted in the end!

Lp22

Post by Lp22 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:08 pm

I feel very fortunate (probably like these two http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-32149418) to post:

Leeds
Manchester
Sheffield
Trent

My advice to anybody with interviews coming up and unsure about travel arrangements - if you can afford it, stay in a hotel nearby the day before. I had a last minute train cancellation for one interview and two diversions due to road traffic accidents for another. I arrived at those interviews feeling rather stressed and unprepared.

Good luck all with interviews and news to come :)

butterfly123

Post by butterfly123 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:32 pm

Lp22 wrote:I feel very fortunate (probably like these two http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-32149418) to post:

Leeds
Manchester
Sheffield
Trent

My advice to anybody with interviews coming up and unsure about travel arrangements - if you can afford it, stay in a hotel nearby the day before. I had a last minute train cancellation for one interview and two diversions due to road traffic accidents for another. I arrived at those interviews feeling rather stressed and unprepared.

Good luck all with interviews and news to come :)

Wow congratulations!

Which course is your first choice?

Lp22

Post by Lp22 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:55 pm

butterfly123 wrote: Wow congratulations!

Thanks! :D They were my top two choices (have lived and worked in both areas) and haven't quite made my mind up. Sorry for my uncertainty.

Geishawife
Team Member

Post by Geishawife » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Lp22 wrote:Sorry for my uncertainty.
I don't think you have anything to apologise for :D It's a big and important decision. Whatever you decide, one other person is going to be over the moon as they will get a place from the relevant reserve list :D :D

butterfly123

Post by butterfly123 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:19 pm

Lp22 wrote:
butterfly123 wrote: Wow congratulations!

Thanks! :D They were my top two choices (have lived and worked in both areas) and haven't quite made my mind up. Sorry for my uncertainty.
It must be a great feeling, well done. And I agree, nothing to apologise for! Good luck making your decision :-)

Volta

Post by Volta » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:13 pm

Manchester
Leeds
Sheffield

Trent > Trent > Trent

I'm feeling ok about it and can appreciate having an interview as a first time applicant :)

Well done to all the blues and hugs to the browns :cyclops:

Randomswirls
Team Member

Post by Randomswirls » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:43 pm

Oh Volta and Ranna :x I'm gutted for you both!

Amy and all the other blues congratulations!

Lp22 what an amazing position to be in!

firegal
Team Member

Post by firegal » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:30 am

Volta wrote:Manchester
Leeds
Sheffield

Trent > Trent > Trent

I'm feeling ok about it and can appreciate having an interview as a first time applicant :)

Well done to all the blues and hugs to the browns :cyclops:

:( huge hugs for you.
Glad that you're taking it in your stride though :)

sparklepants

Post by sparklepants » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:50 pm

Rannasaurus wrote::( :cry: :(
Trent just became Trent for me.
I feel quite lost. I knew I didn't do too well but I'm not really sure how much harder I can try.
I have Bath in a couple of weeks... any advice is always welcomed!

Hi Ranna,
I've been in your shoes more than once, and know how painful it is, and how hopeless things seem.I wish I had magic words of wisdom, but I don't. All I can say is take care of yourself and be compassionate. I'd focus more on keeping anxiety low and mood up by doing nice things (like a massage, yoga, or whatever) than on preparing. It's so easy to over-prepare, but impossible to over-self-care. xxx

Bobgirl

Post by Bobgirl » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:05 pm

Well good luck to all the Teessiders! after a week of interviews. I don't think I did very well but I must say it was weirdly a lovely experience. My trainee helper was absolutely fab and the panel members were very nice. x :mrgreen: