The Great Big Progress Thread for 2015

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Hockeygirl

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2015

Post by Hockeygirl »

Bobgirl wrote:Well good luck to all the Teessiders! after a week of interviews. I don't think I did very well but I must say it was weirdly a lovely experience. My trainee helper was absolutely fab and the panel members were very nice. x :mrgreen:
And to you bobgirl! Which day did you interview? I was 9am on Tuesday! Some of the questions were super tough and I don't think I've done week either, but I quite enjoyed it too!
kiora

Post by kiora »

Volta wrote:Manchester
Leeds
Sheffield

Trent > Trent > Trent

I'm feeling ok about it and can appreciate having an interview as a first time applicant :)

Well done to all the blues and hugs to the browns :cyclops:
sorry to hear this. i'm glad you're looking at the bright side of it, chalking it down to experience. as has been said before, the competition is tough and getting interviews is an achievement in itself. take care of yourselfx

commiserations to any other browns out there also and well done to the new blues :)
Volta

Post by Volta »

Thank you all for the kinds words and the lovely pm's!

I really do feel ok about it, any rejection sucks but I am learning not to take it personal. My friends, family and work have all been really supportive and I am still pleased about my performance at the interview, regardless of the outcome :)

I hope that everyone with bad news is doing ok and remembering to look after themselves and I hope that everyone with good news is doing it justice with lots of celebration!

Good luck to everyone who has yet to do their interviews. There's only so much prep you can do, so please do remember to relax, self-care is essential in our field :D
islandcat

Post by islandcat »

So far:
Manchester
Plymouth
Leicester
UCL

I wish I'd found this site before results came out. Would have been helpful for the constant anxiety!
Welly28

Post by Welly28 »

Hi guys, huge congratulations to all the blues!

So this is what i'm looking like...

Coventry
Birmingham

Trent
South Wales

I was wondering if anyone knows when the interviews for south wales were held last year, only i'm 24th on the reserve list so i can't really see it materialising because they only got to 14 last year i believe. Just wondered if the interview is any later then there might be more movement than this?? I'm 11th on the reserve list for Trent so i can't see that much movement either... i feel so close but just that bit too far!!

Any info would be really appreciated :)
U016718

Post by U016718 »

I wish I had found this forum a little sooner I had my interview for Teesside last week! I thought the research questions were really hard!! But the panel were lovely! And the trainee who took me to each panel was really nice! Does anyone know when we will hear back?
Hockeygirl

Post by Hockeygirl »

U016718 wrote:I wish I had found this forum a little sooner I had my interview for Teesside last week! I thought the research questions were really hard!! But the panel were lovely! And the trainee who took me to each panel was really nice! Does anyone know when we will hear back?
On or before the 16th :D which day did you interview?
Midnight33

Post by Midnight33 »

Good luck Teessiders! Does anyone know whether we will recieve the letter by email or post this year? ILast year it was by email...but I am aware that the admin have had a change around :)
kk123

Post by kk123 »

HI, Im not sure, last year it was by email. They said it would be by 16th April to me on the day- which seems a bit late given interviews finished last week.
Hockeygirl

Post by Hockeygirl »

Midnight33 wrote:Good luck Teessiders! Does anyone know whether we will recieve the letter by email or post this year? ILast year it was by email...but I am aware that the admin have had a change around :)

It will be email. By the 16th, though probably before then. I know they like to give themselves some wiggle room if they need it.
Midnight33

Post by Midnight33 »

Hockeygirl wrote:
Midnight33 wrote:Good luck Teessiders! Does anyone know whether we will recieve the letter by email or post this year? ILast year it was by email...but I am aware that the admin have had a change around :)

It will be email. By the 16th, though probably before then. I know they like to give themselves some wiggle room if they need it.

:) Thanks Hockeygirl. I do hope it's soon....wiggle room ?? :roll: :)
Bobgirl

Post by Bobgirl »

I really hope we hear from Teesside this week. This was my last attempt at applying and while I managed not to think about it over the weekend (knowing it was the holidays) I have checked my emails about ten times this morning already. I'll be exhausted by the 16th at this rate! :lol:
Midnight33

Post by Midnight33 »

Bobgirl wrote:I really hope we hear from Teesside this week. This was my last attempt at applying and while I managed not to think about it over the weekend (knowing it was the holidays) I have checked my emails about ten times this morning already. I'll be exhausted by the 16th at this rate! :lol:

I know how you feel. It hasn't entered my mind up until this morning. I think it's because we found out so quickly last year and so i'm hoping for the same!. Although I have a feeling it will take longer given the admin change! eek x
Bobgirl

Post by Bobgirl »

Hey Teesside people. Did anyone else recieve a random email about accomodation from Teesside? What does that mean? :?
Hockeygirl

Post by Hockeygirl »

Bobgirl wrote:Hey Teesside people. Did anyone else recieve a random email about accomodation from Teesside? What does that mean? :?
Yup. I don't think it means anything. Probably sent in error... That's what I'm telling myself anyway.