The Great Big Progress Thread for 2015

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
dancinbee

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2015

Post by dancinbee »

Herts Herts
Plymouth Plymouth
Liverpool
Cov

I am very negative and hopeless.....does anyone have any tips for continuing and believing I can do it....
Or tips for what to do to make an interview a success.....

I would be very grateful
Thanks in advance
kathryn

Post by kathryn »

Newcastle > Newcastle > withdrew application
Leeds
Liverpool
Sheffield

First time applicant - so chuffed! I had the Newcastle interview first and was hideously nervous which made me slightly rambly. By the time the Leeds interview came around, I had had time to reflect on my mistakes and receive some containment from my supervisor meaning I was much more natural and "me." I also think the Leeds interview style was much more suited to my way of thinking and helped to get the best out of me.

After both interviews were over, I knew I would reapply to Leeds in a heartbeat, but I probably wouldn't have reapplied to Newcastle as their process didn't "fit" me.
moonbeam

Post by moonbeam »

Well done, Kathryn. Hope you've had a great weekend celebrating :D
There may not always be a solution to the problem, but there is always another perspective...
ClaireEmma

Post by ClaireEmma »

kathryn wrote: First time applicant - so chuffed! I had the Newcastle interview first and was hideously nervous which made me slightly rambly. By the time the Leeds interview came around, I had had time to reflect on my mistakes and receive some containment from my supervisor meaning I was much more natural and "me." I also think the Leeds interview style was much more suited to my way of thinking and helped to get the best out of me.

After both interviews were over, I knew I would reapply to Leeds in a heartbeat, but I probably wouldn't have reapplied to Newcastle as their process didn't "fit" me.
Congrats Kathryn! I also have an offer from Leeds, which day did you interview? It's funny isn't it how much the interviews can vary for different courses. I enjoyed the service user panel, but found the psychologists panel much more difficult than the one at Sheffield.
kathryn

Post by kathryn »

I interviewed Thurs 30th and was the first person of the day (no time to get anxious when you're swept in at 8:30am!). Agreed I loved the service user panel and their involvement didn't feel as tokenistic as at other courses.
astra

Post by astra »

kathryn wrote:I interviewed Thurs 30th and was the first person of the day (no time to get anxious when you're swept in at 8:30am!). Agreed I loved the service user panel and their involvement didn't feel as tokenistic as at other courses.
It's not tokenistic at all, if they don't like you they can veto you regardless of the psychologists panel!
From the point of view of mindfulness, as long as you're breathing there's more right with you than wrong with you. Jon Kabat-Zinn
kathryn

Post by kathryn »

Astra - I'm glad I didn't know that before I went in!
Ghayes011085

Post by Ghayes011085 »

thespypsych wrote:Hey!
Am new to posting here but am liking how much of a community this seems to be! I was wondering if anyone had heard from Herts? I'm on the reserve list and getting a little anxious about it... Was also wondering if people had any idea how much the reserve list moved for them last year? I'm really hoping it moves a bit this time round!
Thanks in advance! :)

Well done thespypsych :D
I too am on the reserve list for Herts so will keep all crossed for us both!! Apparently we can keep updated on clearing house about reserve list movement - anyone able to advise how we find/see this??

Appreciate the help/advice

Well done everyone and all those who got places and/or reserve places!! :) :)
enid

Post by enid »

astra wrote:
kathryn wrote:I interviewed Thurs 30th and was the first person of the day (no time to get anxious when you're swept in at 8:30am!). Agreed I loved the service user panel and their involvement didn't feel as tokenistic as at other courses.
It's not tokenistic at all, if they don't like you they can veto you regardless of the psychologists panel!
Yeah I got a strong vibe the two service users liked me on two of my panels. And got a place.
Laurenh

Post by Laurenh »

Has anyone heard from UCL today? The wait is killing me!
uniquesnowflake2853

Post by uniquesnowflake2853 »

My post came and went but no letter! This wait is absolutely agonising, I feel SO much more anxious than I did before the blooming interview!!
Laurenh

Post by Laurenh »

uniquesnowflake2853 wrote:My post came and went but no letter! This wait is absolutely agonising, I feel SO much more anxious than I did before the blooming interview!!
Oh no rubbish! I thought it would be today. I know me too! I wish they could just email instead!
ClinPsyNS

Post by ClinPsyNS »

Laurenh & uniquesnowflake2853, I had a Skype interview for UCL and the interviewers said they'd let the candidates know by May 7. Hope this helps!
HattieLY

Post by HattieLY »

Southampton
Exeter
Bath > Bath > Bath
Plymouth

Currently waiting at number 1 on the reserve list for a place at Plymouth, with 9 out of 12 places accepted currently, so just 3 applicants left to hear from... It's so agonising!

Congratulations to all those who have made it this year :)

An extra special good luck to those 3 Plymouth applicants who have other interviews ;)

Love and sympathy to all those who havent made it this year, or are still waiting to hear. Just keep swimming!
Laurenh

Post by Laurenh »

ClinPsyNS wrote:Laurenh & uniquesnowflake2853, I had a Skype interview for UCL and the interviewers said they'd let the candidates know by May 7. Hope this helps!
It does help thank you, it's good to know that tomorrow should be the day! :o