The Great Big Progress Thread for 2015

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
egykata

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2015

Post by egykata »

It's nearly the end of this nerve wracking process. I thought I'd post my progress here as I'm quite excited about it. I had the IoP interview today, one more to go next week. :alien:

Essex
UEL
IoP --->IoP
RHUl --->RHUL

Massive 'well done' to the blues!
greentea2

Post by greentea2 »

Oxford -----> Oxford
Glasgow -----> Glasgow
Newcastle----> Cancelled interview
Edinburgh

Here is an udpate of my progress this year. It has been a good year (!!) but i feel like it is important to highlight that before now, I had 2 years of all reds so a lot has changed in a short period of time (..... do not give up!!). I used pretty much the same application for my first two attempts and then started from scratch this year. In terms of my experience, it did not change a great deal but i started using a reflective log to really think about what i was learning, what i had enjoyed, what was challenging and where i needed to develop etc.

I hope everybody is doing OK and wish everybody the best of luck for future applications, starting courses and so on! I have really valued the support of other candidates throughout this process and at interviews- so many friendly faces!!! Take care all! x
Nads

Post by Nads »

Congrats on all the blues! Does anyone know when staffs are supposed to be getting back to people and how? Lol
ems38

Post by ems38 »

Good Luck to anyone receiving a last minute interview with Liverpool or Edinburgh. I am delighted to say I now have a place on the Glasgow doctorate so have withdrawn from my other interviews.

I'm still in shock myself! Can't believe it. To all those who have been unsuccessful, I know from experience how rubbish that feeling is, but keep going, treat yourself to something special, and you will get through this (I bought myself two guinea pigs as a "prize" for NOT getting on the course last year!

Good Luck to anyone else with interviews! :D
Eriya

Post by Eriya »

And that's that for me...

Edinburgh
Glasgow

Lancaster -> Lancaster
Teesside

:(
chaz

Post by chaz »

I have juts had my call from Salomons. I was no.2 on the reserve list.

So:
Southampton
Royal Holloway
Hertordshire

Salomons

Woop woop! About my 5th time applying and had a gap of 2 years before starting again last year when ended 1st reserve for Herts and 8th reserve for Salomons. Got there in the end. Excited :)
sparklepants

Post by sparklepants »

chaz wrote:I have juts had my call from Salomons. I was no.2 on the reserve list.

So:
Southampton
Royal Holloway
Hertordshire

Salomons

Woop woop! About my 5th time applying and had a gap of 2 years before starting again last year when ended 1st reserve for Herts and 8th reserve for Salomons. Got there in the end. Excited :)

Wow, well done chaz! An ionspiration to all us multiple-timers!
boisy

Post by boisy »

Hi everyone!

Does anybody know much/anything about the Glasgow reserve lists for places on the course? eg how many people are normally on them/how much they tend to move etc?

Thanks guys, and well done to all the blues, and good luck to people still waiting to hear back!!
Hockeygirl

Post by Hockeygirl »

Newcastle results are out. I'm currently:

Teesside
Newcastle
Leeds
Sheffield
kimi88

Post by kimi88 »

So I'm now a Newcastle. Number 24 :shock: No chance at all. Newcastle was my only interview this year. I'm not feeling as bad considering the outcome. With this result I can go on my honeymoon in September. There is always next year.
Hockeygirl

Post by Hockeygirl »

kimi88 wrote:So I'm now a Newcastle. Number 24 :shock: No chance at all. Newcastle was my only interview this year. I'm not feeling as bad considering the outcome. With this result I can go on my honeymoon in September. There is always next year.

24?! That's a long reserve list! Enjoy your honeymoon though! I found Newcastle REALLY hard this year.
kimi88

Post by kimi88 »

Hockeygirl wrote:
kimi88 wrote:So I'm now a Newcastle. Number 24 :shock: No chance at all. Newcastle was my only interview this year. I'm not feeling as bad considering the outcome. With this result I can go on my honeymoon in September. There is always next year.

24?! That's a long reserve list! Enjoy your honeymoon though! I found Newcastle REALLY hard this year.

Thank you, still haven't decided where we want to go. Yes 24 out of 27!!!. I found myself really nervous on the day and fumbled my answers alot. Goodluck for Teeside.
firegal
Team Member

Post by firegal »

Bath
Cov & Warwick

Exeter
Birmingham > Birmingham (or whatever the colour for no is)

:(
flowerpetal

Post by flowerpetal »

Sorry to hear your news firegal. How did you find out from Birmingham? Was it an email?
firegal
Team Member

Post by firegal »

Yeah, email. They have all the written notes from the interview too.