The Great Big Progress Thread for 2015

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Hockeygirl

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2015

Post by Hockeygirl »

firegal wrote:Bath
Cov & Warwick

Exeter
Birmingham > Birmingham (or whatever the colour for no is)

:(

I feel for you firegal. In the same boat here :(
Randomswirls
Team Member

Post by Randomswirls »

Oh fire that really sucks
gazdavies

Post by gazdavies »

Me too Firegal, just had my no from Birmingham today too. Time to open the wine and drown for an eve I think. Next year eh!
Leftback4

Post by Leftback4 »

For me it's Birmingham

I know every year is different, but can anyone enlighten me on how much reserve lists usually move and especially Birmingham??

Any information would be appreciated..
enid

Post by enid »

sorry to hear that guys :(
gazdavies

Post by gazdavies »

Hey leftback. From the feedback I've heard its pretty much a piece of string question, but I've met someone that was as far as fifth down the reserves and got in. You have a better than average chance since Birmingham aren't among the last to offer (for example some above you in spots might be holding out for Cardiff etc. and if they get offers there you go up list). Do you know where you are on the reserve list? I'm intrigued how long Birmingham's reserve list is if you do know as that would tell me how MUCH further I definitely was from a place, lol.
Bobgirl

Post by Bobgirl »

Hockeygirl wrote:Newcastle results are out. I'm currently:

Teesside
Newcastle
Leeds
Sheffield

Sorry to hear that Hockeygirl. But hopefully that means the Tees list will be moving now that Newcastle and Glasgow are out and you'll be joining us x
Leftback4

Post by Leftback4 »

gazdavies wrote:Hey leftback. From the feedback I've heard its pretty much a piece of string question, but I've met someone that was as far as fifth down the reserves and got in. You have a better than average chance since Birmingham aren't among the last to offer (for example some above you in spots might be holding out for Cardiff etc. and if they get offers there you go up list). Do you know where you are on the reserve list? I'm intrigued how long Birmingham's reserve list is if you do know as that would tell me how MUCH further I definitely was from a place, lol.
So i'm #2 on the reserve list, so i'm hoping it'll move!! No idea how long the reserve list is i'm afraid. What day did you interview at Birmingham? Sorry you didn't get the news you were hoping for
1934rach

Post by 1934rach »

Pleased to say I am

Glasgow
Newcastle
Leeds
Edinburgh

Will be accepting my place at Glasgow, so Newcastle place, Edinburgh interview and a spot closer on the Leeds reserve list up for grabs! Congrats/good luck to whoever gets them!
Hockeygirl

Post by Hockeygirl »

Bobgirl wrote:
Hockeygirl wrote:Newcastle results are out. I'm currently:

Teesside
Newcastle
Leeds
Sheffield

Sorry to hear that Hockeygirl. But hopefully that means the Tees list will be moving now that Newcastle and Glasgow are out and you'll be joining us x
Thanks Bobgirl. I've heard there's been 8 places accepted. Im giving them a call tomorrow, as I go out of the country soon to Canada!
gazdavies

Post by gazdavies »

Interviewed last day leftback. Fingers crossed for you. Second reserve is a bloody good position to be in if not an automatic place :-) There were interviewees from all over on my day so there's bound to be a couple who get places closer to home in the next coupe of weeks I'd have thought. I'll cross it all for you :-)
Nat89

Post by Nat89 »

Cov & Warwick
Birmingham :D
Demeter99

Post by Demeter99 »

Hi everyone I have just joined the forum but have been checking in regularly over recent weeks as a massively helpful source of help and support during the application process. This is my first time applying and have found it pretty stressful all in all. My results are:

Teeside
Newcastle --> Newcastle

I only applied to 2 courses so will be accepting the place at Newcastle. Is anyone else out there?! xx
Argenti

Post by Argenti »

Salomons-->Salomons-->withdrawn
UCL-->UCL--accepted :alien:
IoPPN--> :( IoPPN :( Crashed and Burned at the last hurdle!!
RH-->Withdrawn

Looking forward to meeting the new UCL cohort in September!!!
sparklepants

Post by sparklepants »

Argenti wrote:Salomons-->Salomons-->withdrawn
UCL-->UCL--accepted :alien:
IoPPN--> :( IoPPN :( Crashed and Burned at the last hurdle!!
RH-->Withdrawn

Looking forward to meeting the new UCL cohort in September!!!
Aw, Argenti! But sure, UCL will be amazing! I'm still waiting...