The Great Big Progress Thread for 2015

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Nads

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2015

Post by Nads »

That happens a lot more than people think to be honest. People have been reserve list for a place and then not been invited to an interview the following year. Course criteria changes, different applicants and numbers..the list could probably go on. I wouldn't take it personally.
SarahFK

Post by SarahFK »

Bangor (really not hopeful here though!)
Manchester (not surprised though!)
Liverpool
Lancaster (still swotting for the dredded test and really not expecting a good outcome, not my strong suit!)

Good luck y'all!
“Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.” - Morticia Addams
Lp22

Post by Lp22 »

Manchester
Sheffield

Trent (selection test)
Leeds

Very surprised to say the least!
butterfly123

Post by butterfly123 »

Just received my Manchester email - pleased to say I am now.....

Sheffield
Leeds
Manchester
Teesside

Good luck to everyone
Hockeygirl

Post by Hockeygirl »

Congrats all the greens and commiseration to the reds! I still anxiously await news :(
Beryl

Post by Beryl »

Fantastic news lp22 and butterfly123. Just had an email from Manchester too. I'm on the reserve list. Quite pleased really as I was thinking it would be a straight no. Not expecting too much as Manchester is one of the first places to interview. Oh well, nice to be considered.
Second year of applying and so far;
Leicester
Manchester
Birmingham
Staffordshire
dancinbee

Post by dancinbee »

cONGRATS lp22 AND BUTTERFLY.... :D
Bubbly

Post by Bubbly »

This is my fifth year of applying, graduated in 2007, 8 years of AP/RA experience, and a MSc. Nearly gave up last year after a rejection after one interview, and the feedback in return didn't really give me anything to work on!! I'm glad I didn't give up though.

Sheffield :D
Manchester (as always! Oh well)
Leeds
Liverpool

Congratulations to all those with interviews and reserves! Commiserations to those with reds! Take care of yourselves, and cry it all out if you can or celebrate. :)
Last edited by Bubbly on Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
midas

Post by midas »

Well done those with greens I was thinking it was a bit of a red wash for a while!

Nads I know what you mean about changes in criteria etc, I just had a terrible experience last year so was interested to see how it played out this time around.
Fingers crossed to all of us still waiting I hope you're looking after yourselves
Last edited by midas on Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dancinbee

Post by dancinbee »

Its not a predictable system. I had two interviews one year and assumed / hoped they would invite me back the next year and neither did. Was sad times. But a different uni did. Lets see what happens this time....
Jaydemma

Post by Jaydemma »

Liverpool
Leeds
Sheffield
Manchester

3rd year applying, never had an interview. Holding out on the other two. Dont quite know what to do next if it ends up all reds..... Now to think about plan B?!
HoneyNutLoop

Post by HoneyNutLoop »

Has anyone else heard any more from Coventry? The suspense is killing me! :(
ClaudioV

Post by ClaudioV »

Frankbutcher wrote:
Mmarlborough wrote:
Frankbutcher wrote:Cov & Warwick have just sent out an email regarding interviews.
Was it a yes email?
It was a reserve for interview email - work with 2 others who have applied but no emails to them yet so they must be sending them in batches. In the email it says they will also sent out letters shortly.
In my email I was informed I was short-listed for interview which would take place the last week of March.
I was also told I would receive, early next week, another email saying which date I was allocated for the interview.
emmo

Post by emmo »

Bubbly wrote:This is my fifth year of applying, graduated in 2007, 8 years of AP/RA experience, and a MSc. Nearly gave up last year after a rejection after one interview, and the feedback in return didn't really give me anything to work on!! I'm glad I didn't give up though.

Sheffield :D
Manchester (as always! Oh well)
Leeds
Liverpool

Congratulations to all those with interviews and reserves! Commiserations to those with reds! Take care of yourselves, and cry it all out if you can or celebrate. :)
It sounds like I'm in a similar position to you Bubbly. I graduated in 2006, 9 years experience, an MSc, accredited CBT therapist, EMDR practitioner, accredited IPT practitioner, have a publication in the pipeline and no Manchester interview. This is my first year of applying because up until now I have been quite happy plodding down a therapy route and expanding my skills but I'm not sure I want to be doing only therapy for the next 30 years! CP's have a lot more diversity in their role.

Manchester
Liverpool
Lancaster

Fingers crossed for the others! Congrats to those who have got interviews!
danny033

Post by danny033 »

Hi guys! I am a Final year undergraduate and this is my first time applying and so far...

salomons- I was invited to sit the test, but did not realise a driving licence was required, so was not allowed to sit :(

still waiting to hear back from;
Oxford
UCL
Holloway

and congrats to all those so far who have got an interview! :D