The Great Big Progress Thread for 2015

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
firegal
Team Member

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2015

Post by firegal »

memifer wrote:
katieg1990 wrote:
CurlyHair wrote:Well done Elizabeth B and firegal - am totally stoked for the pair of you :D And all you other greens too!

Now, come on Newcastle, Leeds, Edinburgh and Glasgow - get a move on!

And breathe....

I'm the same, except of Edinburgh im waiting on Liverpool
Same! I know that my work productivity levels would go right up if I got my Liverpool email today :D
Don't be so sure, now that I have the Exeter email I'm checking my email more than I was yesterday because I'm convinced it's going to just disappear, also because it's made me want to know more than ever about Birmingham.

Thanks for all the lovely messages guys, this is the fourth time I've been through this process and this forum has always been awesome. It's really something to know that people that have never met you before can be rooting for you :)
gazdavies

Post by gazdavies »

[/quote]

Don't be so sure, now that I have the Exeter email I'm checking my email more than I was yesterday because I'm convinced it's going to just disappear, also because it's made me want to know more than ever about Birmingham.

Thanks for all the lovely messages guys, this is the fourth time I've been through this process and this forum has always been awesome. It's really something to know that people that have never met you before can be rooting for you :)[/quote]

So pleased for you firegal. Four times makes you a warrior I'm sure. Glad it's finally paid off!
Bubbly

Post by Bubbly »

ElizabethB wrote:Cardiff
Hertfordshire
Leeds
Leicester

:D
Congratulations Elizabeth!!! Very pleased for you!! :D Good luck with the interviews!!

I'm still waiting to hear back from 2 courses, the wait is killing me, and I'm sure I'm annoying people at work with this!
bluegoat

Post by bluegoat »

firegal wrote:EXETER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations! I haven't heard anything?!

Maybe they send the interviews first and all the rejections later? :(
Last edited by bluegoat on Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nholt

Post by nholt »

Finally had my forum account approved!! First time applying. Told myself I wasn't going to get my hopes up this year, as I know my experience isn't as strong as a lot of people's and my PhD hasn't been examined yet, but like other people have said those rejections do have a way of getting to you!

Manchester
Lancaster
Sheffield
Leeds

Found the tests for Lancaster much harder than expected, as in general I'm quite good at maths ... much more practice needed next year!

Congrats to everyone with interviews - hoping they all go well!
bankie3

Post by bankie3 »

bath
cardiff
Exeter
Southampton

Bath came through first, was gutted as it was my first choice and where i thought i stood the best chance. Just as i was finishing consoling myself preparing for more rejections and thinking id just give up on clinical all together (quite irrational really considering its only my first time applying), cardiff came through. Buzzing with excitement! Not even worried about the others now. I have at least one interview to prepare for and i am content enough with that!! Soooo happy right now!!
zainab2015

Post by zainab2015 »

bankie3 wrote:bath
cardiff
Exeter
Southampton

Bath came through first, was gutted as it was my first choice and where i thought i stood the best chance. Just as i was finishing consoling myself preparing for more rejections and thinking id just give up on clinical all together (quite irrational really considering its only my first time applying), cardiff came through. Buzzing with excitement! Not even worried about the others now. I have at least one interview to prepare for and i am content enough with that!! Soooo happy right now!!
Well done, you deserve this :cheers: :cheers:
jsv1990

Post by jsv1990 »

Exeter have contacted me via email, and I am now:

Exeter
Cardiff
Bath

Plymouth

Three Reds in one day is quite painful

Congrats to all the greens, excellent work!
bluegoat

Post by bluegoat »

Same.

Exeter
Lancaster

Leeds
Liverpool
Rainbow12

Post by Rainbow12 »

Trent
Cov&Warwick
and today Bath

Pretty gutted. Second time applying. 4 reds last year, just waiting for Staffs to come back as Red at the end of the week.

I'm having my wisdom teeth out at 3pm... this day sucks.

Congrats Greens and comiserations to all reds

Louise x
pip28

Post by pip28 »

Full house of reds...

It's only ny first time applying and I was expecting it. But the whole process of waiting and continual rejections was actually a lot tougher than I thought it would be. The idea of having to do it all over again next year is really unappealing.
onedaywellgetthere

Post by onedaywellgetthere »

Second time applying....

UCL
Salomons
Bath :shock:
Exeter

Eeeee...
Can't believe Bath and Exeter sent their emails at the same time.
I nearly had a heart attack!

Best of luck everyone. :)
gazdavies

Post by gazdavies »

jsv1990 wrote:Exeter have contacted me via email, and I am now:

Exeter
Cardiff
Bath

Plymouth

Three Reds in one day is quite painful

Congrats to all the greens, excellent work!
Oh JSV, join my pity party, three reds too now, and all the same ones as you. Shall we start a club :-P
Three in a day has been brutal, feeling very sorry for myself, almost relieved Birmingham take so long, think all four at the same time might crush the soul. Expected it as it was the first app, but I did think it was a really good app, which just goes to show how many hundreds of bl**dy good apps there must be I'm sure.

So now:
Exeter
Cardiff
Bath

Birmingham
Think positive eh!
Birdonawire

Post by Birdonawire »

Hello all,

First post to the forum, congrats to all the greens so far!

My progress so far is:

Bath
IoPPN
Leeds
Newcastle

Tiny bit of background (I know this is supposed to go in another thread but I couldn't get a link to work :oops: ): I've been working as an RW at the IoPPN for the past six years (on the Time to Change project) and am just about to submit my (part time) PhD, also from the IoPPN. This is my second time of applying, first was back in 2008 when I'd just finished my MSc at UCL, and didn't get any interviews then.

Going to figure out my profile for the forum now....
ElizabethB

Post by ElizabethB »

firegal wrote:
Thanks for all the lovely messages guys, this is the fourth time I've been through this process and this forum has always been awesome
Snap, I'm a fourth time applicant as well. First ever DClinPsy interviews this time round. I graduated back in 2003, but recently returned to the clinical psychology career path after following clinically relevant research and health psychology career paths. I've been around for quite some time and I'm very fond of this forum. Delighted to receive interviews, but also very scared. :shock: I think this will be my final try. I simply don't want to go through this stressful process again!

Best of luck everyone :) Congratulations to everyone for making it this far :) not long till Friday :)

Thanks for the support. :D
Last edited by ElizabethB on Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am different, not less."—Temple Grandin
'A door opened and I went through it!' Temple Grandin
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill