Reserve lists

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
conkers

Re: Reserve lists

Post by conkers » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:16 pm

moonbeam wrote:
conkers wrote:I have a reserve place at Manchester - does anyone have any experience of their reserve list that can shed any light please?
Me too! I'm wondering where I am on the list - I'd love to know how many people are on the reserve list altogether! Well done for getting this far :)

Thanks very much - you too!! I know there may be a long wait ahead!!

LucyM

Post by LucyM » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:46 pm

Does anyone know if there has been any movement on the Herts reserve list?

midas

Post by midas » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:51 pm

conkers wrote:
moonbeam wrote:
conkers wrote:I have a reserve place at Manchester - does anyone have any experience of their reserve list that can shed any light please?
Me too! I'm wondering where I am on the list - I'd love to know how many people are on the reserve list altogether! Well done for getting this far :)

Thanks very much - you too!! I know there may be a long wait ahead!!
There are usually as many on the reserve list as there are places, so if it is the same as previous years that will be around 24 people. Painfully, at Manchester is early on in the process and other north west unis (Liverpool, Lancaster) are very late, it can be a long old wait! However last year someone got called up from the reserve list well after the final date in June, so you never know until its fully over!! Unfortunately as the reserve list doesn't get numbered, and not everyone on it posts to this forum, its hard to say how far through the list they tend to go... Hope this sheds some light for you though!

stormy331

Post by stormy331 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:35 pm

Just found out I'm 3rd reserve for a place at Trent. Anyone know if there's much movement in previous years?!

kaaatt

Post by kaaatt » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:28 pm

stormy331 wrote:Just found out I'm 3rd reserve for a place at Trent. Anyone know if there's much movement in previous years?!
I'm hoping it has some movement as my friend is number 1 reserve!

I have another friend who is a current Trent trainee who said that it got to about number 4 last year so you're in with a good shot! :D

Now.. if there any news on any movement for the Leicester reserve list that would be nice?! As happy as I am for people I know who have got on this year or are very high reserve, I can't help but feel that little bit left behind if my no. 5 reserve doesn't materialise into a place. I'm becoming more pessimistic with time at the prospect of a movement of 5 for such as small cohort and I'm driving myself insane thinking about it :shock:

The next few months are going to be tough!! Good luck to all the reserves out there, we'll make it through!

gelbpaint

Post by gelbpaint » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:29 pm

stormy331 wrote:Just found out I'm 3rd reserve for a place at Trent. Anyone know if there's much movement in previous years?!
Hey I'm a current trainee and was 3rd on the reserve list last year. We got up to number 4 on the list. The interviews were really late on last year in May so I imagine there will definitely be some movement as interviews were so early this year and people will be waiting to hear back from other courses! So good luck...the wait is the hardest part!

Welly28

Post by Welly28 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:46 pm

Sorry to double post, but I'm no 11 on the reserve list for a place at Trent.. I'm guessing I've got no chance of that materialising into a place but just wondering if there's a small chance? Any advice would really be appreciated as it feels like this is going to be a long wait!!

AliG

Post by AliG » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:59 pm

Hi, I am on the reserve list for Manchester too. I tried to get some information on the number on the reserve list but to no avail. Might be a long wait indeed!

amyaston88

Post by amyaston88 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:44 pm

I have just withdrawn my staffs interview. Good luck to everyone at staffs!

sarah14

Post by sarah14 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:46 am

Hi all,

Just an update from Leeds- I called this morning and their interview reserve list has moved by two places.

Hopefully it will move a little more over the next couple of weeks!

Lola24

Post by Lola24 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:09 pm

Hi sarah14

It should move again today. I've just contacted Leeds this afternoon to turn down my interview there so whoever was next on the reserves should be getting that : )

Lola

EmmaLou

Post by EmmaLou » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:26 pm

Does anyone know if the Salomons interview reserve list is likely to move?

Am hoping for some movement but couldn't find anything about previous years :)

kaaatt

Post by kaaatt » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:48 pm

In regards to reserve places:

I just got an e-mail from Leicester. The list has moved one place! :lol:
My heart went crazy after seeing I had an e-mail from the Leicester course!!

Just 4 more people now to choose places elsewhere please?? :tongue: :shock:

ElizabethB

Post by ElizabethB » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:04 pm

Herts reserve interview list has moved by two places. Unlikely to receive an interview given my number, but it is moving! :D
"I am different, not less."—Temple Grandin
'A door opened and I went through it!' Temple Grandin
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

sam10

Post by sam10 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:18 am

I contacted salomons yesterday and the reserve list has moved one place so far