Reserve list for places

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Hockeygirl

Reserve list for places

Post by Hockeygirl » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:15 am

Hi all,

I was getting mighty confused on the reserve list thread so I thought I would start a new one for places, so we have one for interviews and one for places.

I'm currently on the Teesside reserve list for a place. No idea where!

firegal
Team Member

Re: Reserve list for places

Post by firegal » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:19 am

Currently on Exeter reserve list for a place. Same boat though, no idea how long it is or where I am on it, just know that it moved a couple of places last year.

kaaatt

Post by kaaatt » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:27 am

Excellent idea!

I'm on the Leicester reserve. Started at no. 5 and I'm now at no. 3 (It moved 2 places in 24 hours then hasn't moved for 2 weeks :cry: ).

Not sure whether knowing the number helps really, it very much leaves a feeling of "so close, yet so far!!" considering they have quite a small cohort and rumour has it is got to number 4 last year. eek.

Good luck fellow place reserves!! :D

moonbeam

Post by moonbeam » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:30 am

I'm on the Manchester reserve list - no idea where! Hoping it moves!!
There may not always be a solution to the problem, but there is always another perspective...

conkers

Post by conkers » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:55 am

Also manchester reserve! Good idea for separate thread :D

sah2211

Post by sah2211 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:20 pm

Bangor....

Likewise no idea where... :shock:

loops22

Post by loops22 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:18 pm

The Bangor list has definitely moved by one place today, so good luck to all on the reserve! :)

AliG

Post by AliG » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:42 pm

Hi,

To echo the sentiments already, good idea for a separate group! I'm also on the reserve for Manchester. Does anyone know if it has moved at all?

Ali

moonbeam

Post by moonbeam » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:02 pm

AliG wrote:Hi,

To echo the sentiments already, good idea for a separate group! I'm also on the reserve for Manchester. Does anyone know if it has moved at all?

Ali
I saw on the progress thread that 1 person has been offered a place. Not sure about it since then... fingers crossed!
There may not always be a solution to the problem, but there is always another perspective...

AliG

Post by AliG » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:07 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the reply Moonbeam :) I'm not too find of this limbo place at all!

On another note, I didn't apply to Exeter but just to inform others who did, a friend of mine was offered a place on their course yesterday. He was on reserve but (like the Manchester process) was not told where on the list he was. Anyway, it all worked out well, lucky him. :)

Ali

Beggarsroost

Post by Beggarsroost » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:51 pm

I'm on the Surrey reserve, pretty much at the bottom though (24) so not much hope here! Not sure if it helps or not knowing the number! :roll: Good luck to all other reserve-ers x
Life is far too important to be taken seriously

firegal
Team Member

Post by firegal » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:03 pm

AliG wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the reply Moonbeam :) I'm not too find of this limbo place at all!

On another note, I didn't apply to Exeter but just to inform others who did, a friend of mine was offered a place on their course yesterday. He was on reserve but (like the Manchester process) was not told where on the list he was. Anyway, it all worked out well, lucky him. :)

Ali
This is the kind of information that feels like it should somehow be helpful and yet when I think about it isn't at all because of the not knowing where on the list I am. Count me as another one not enjoying her time in limbo land. Wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have another 3-4 weeks before Birmingham results are released!

Happy for your friend though :mrgreen: Exeter was a great course to interview at, and such a pretty campus.

kaaatt

Post by kaaatt » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:35 pm

firegal wrote:
This is the kind of information that feels like it should somehow be helpful and yet when I think about it isn't at all because of the not knowing where on the list I am. Count me as another one not enjoying her time in limbo land. Wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have another 3-4 weeks before Birmingham results are released!

Happy for your friend though :mrgreen: Exeter was a great course to interview at, and such a pretty campus.
I didn't realise that Birmingham took so long to respond to candidates?! I was relying on them to see some potential movement for my list!

owhhh, I need out of this limbo, I can't take it anymore! :cry:

alexh

Post by alexh » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:59 pm

Don't be tempted by the withdraw button! :)

I'm a reserve at Oxford. Seen two people say they have offers in the progress thread and interviews elsewhere but nothing further. Anyone heard anything from friends etc?

firegal
Team Member

Post by firegal » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:28 pm

kaaatt wrote:
I didn't realise that Birmingham took so long to respond to candidates?! I was relying on them to see some potential movement for my list!

owhhh, I need out of this limbo, I can't take it anymore! :cry:
Unfortunately yes, we were told at interview that they aren't meeting to discuss the results of interviews until May 14th and said it will likely take at least a week from then before we hear, so urged people not to call for information before the 21st. There were many shocked and disappointed faces in the room at that point I can tell you, I think all of us were expecting it would be more like a couple of weeks.