Reflections on 4th application and not on training

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Mikel Arteta

Re: Reflections on 4th application and not on training

Post by Mikel Arteta » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:32 pm

Congratulations Adski! Amazing. Similar experience for me. Took a while to get on, but the year I got on, very relaxed, completely myself. Sometimes people get over anxious because it's difficult to gain a place and think they need to show they're a 'Super Candidate', most courses will look for more than this. Where I trained it was about what you were like as a person, engagement skills are key in this job, you can have all the knowledge in the world, but if you don't have them, you won't be effective imo.

Another big plus of your journey Adski, is that you'll have more experience and training should be that bit easier (this was my experience), sometimes people do not have enough and they struggle. Not only will it help now, you'll see the benefits when you're a CP and feel really confident in your development and ability.

Well done and thanks for sharing your inspirational journey.

Al the best!
Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly, all your life
you were only waiting for this moment to arise
:)

benbrand

Re: Reflections on 4th application and not on training

Post by benbrand » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:14 am

Hey Adski, just out of curiosity -- were these changes also reflected in your personal statement? Did you work on a completely new rewrite using similar phrasings as you did in the interview?

Congrats on accepting the position! Great news.