Applied for wrong course

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
pip28

Applied for wrong course

Post by pip28 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:55 am

I'm absolutly gutted. I just went on my online application for the first time since submitting and saw the first course on my applied to list is 'Essex' where it should have been 'Exeter'! If any of my othee courses had been wrong I wouldn't have minded but Exeter was my number 1 course for the course and location. If I didn't get an interview because of my application I could have dealt with that but just because I clicked one selection above or the mouse rolled up while I was still in the selection box without noticing is just gutting! :( Won't make that mistake again (hopefully!)

astra

Re: Applied for wrong course

Post by astra » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:40 am

Oops!
However, you never know, they may not have wanted you anyway and you may get on somewhere else and it may turn out to be awesome. No point dwelling on it, just try and make the best of it from here.
From the point of view of mindfulness, as long as you're breathing there's more right with you than wrong with you. Jon Kabat-Zinn

Strelitzia

Post by Strelitzia » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:48 pm

I really feared this happening to me so didn't fill it in until last minute and checked it so many times. I can imagine it was a heart sink moment initially but hopefully it is a course centre that gives you a viable opportunity even if it is not your first choice. I'm sure it has many positives too, it just may be different. Practically you know there's nothing you can do now so learn the lesson, try not to beat yourself up, and maybe be grateful it wasn't accidentally changed to blank and you have 4 chances still :)

BlueCat
Site Admin

Post by BlueCat » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:30 pm

You never know, Essex may tun out to be "the one"! If you were offered a place, would you accept it?
There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes. Billy Connolly.

confuseddotcom

Post by confuseddotcom » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:15 pm

Yes I can imagine it being frustrating but it's done now and like the others said it might just be meant to be!

scriddle

Post by scriddle » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:02 am

Ah! Just found out that I have done the same thing... I put UEA instead of UEL... oops!

AnsweringBell

Post by AnsweringBell » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:32 pm

scriddle wrote:Ah! Just found out that I have done the same thing... I put UEA instead of UEL... oops!
At least some of the UEA bases arent terrrrrrrrrrribly far from London... maybe you'll be a great fit for the course :)

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:16 pm

Might be worth ringing the clearing house in the morning, as it might be something they can correct if the forms have not been processed within the individual courses concerned yet.

Otherwise, perhaps it is just one of those things. We all have moments of stupidity, and no matter how much you beat yourself up about them you can't take back time, so you just have to let it go. I say that with my own bitter experience, as I tripped over a loose paving slab a few weeks ago whilst carrying my laptop bag and ended up with a £350 repair bill :(
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

Alexander

Post by Alexander » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:47 pm

I know someone who changed their mind after submitting. They called (admittedly rather earlier in the process than now) and Clearing House were able to change it for them.

Peach

Post by Peach » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:20 pm

I feel bad laughing at the misfortune of others but this thread gave me a good giggle :lol: . I hope things work out well for both of you who applied to the wrong courses.
The best thing about this signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything, it's too late for you to stop reading.