The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
MKing

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by MKing » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:10 pm

First time applying (and posting finally) so not totally unexpected..

UCL
IoPPN

Hertfordshire
UEL

Just wish I knew either way now though. As many have said, the email refreshing is making this a LONG week.
Congrats to those with greens!

firegal
Team Member

Post by firegal » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:12 pm

Mena088 wrote:
Alexander wrote:Bangor
Lancaster
Exeter
Birmingham

After six years and for the first time ever, I've been offered an interview from my application alone without having to pass a selection test. Yey!

Brilliant - no email from Exeter for me so I can expect yet another rejection tomorrow....I always knew I should have just become a hairdresser.

Nevertheless, congratulations for your interview!!
Congrats Alexander.

No email from Exeter for me either, going to be a bit gutted if it's a no given I was on the reserve list for a place last year :(

Chachar

Post by Chachar » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:25 pm

Hiya!

Is anyone still waiting on Lancaster? I haven't heard anything yet- not sure if they're doing it by the date your screening tests were submitted? (Either that or mine were so bad they've thrown my email address away! :o :cry: )

Thankyou!

firegal
Team Member

Post by firegal » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:00 pm

Exeter
Birmingham
Herts
Edinburgh

I know it isn't a linear thing, criteria change, and the group of candidates I was up against this year is a completely different group to last year, but still, after being on the reserve list for a place, not even getting an interview this year round kind of stings :cry:

RJParker

Post by RJParker » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:04 pm

Chachar wrote:Hiya!

Is anyone still waiting on Lancaster? I haven't heard anything yet- not sure if they're doing it by the date your screening tests were submitted? (Either that or mine were so bad they've thrown my email address away! :o :cry: )

Thankyou!
Hi there. I sent all candidates an email confirming the status of their application this morning. Please check your spam folder. If you don't have anything, drop me an email - r.j.parker@lancaster.ac.uk

Rob

Mena088

Post by Mena088 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:15 pm

firegal wrote:Exeter
Birmingham
Herts
Edinburgh

I know it isn't a linear thing, criteria change, and the group of candidates I was up against this year is a completely different group to last year, but still, after being on the reserve list for a place, not even getting an interview this year round kind of stings :cry:

I am really sorry to hear this, I am sure you are a valuable and a worthy candidate to compete against.
I am also not so lucky this year - I guess the spots go to people like my AP colleague who told one of our patients suffering with chronic depression that 'it will pass'.
We have to keep our heads up, learn from this and have this motivate us to seek further experience and grow not only as a clinician but as human being.

I do however hope that you receive some good news from any of your other course choices - thumbs up! :))

Exeter
Salomons
Sheffield

South Wales

penguin

Post by penguin » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:16 pm

Second timer....

UCL
Leicester
Hertfordshire
Coventry & Warwick

Good luck all! :D

niceday

Post by niceday » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:24 pm

Hi,
I also received my email from Lancaster today. I wondered if anyone knows about reserves for Lancaster? For example if you are 74th does that mean you could potentially be a reserve candidate if othrrs drop out or do Lancaster not do that?

chikeree17

Post by chikeree17 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:27 pm

Lancaster
Exeter
Southampton
South Wales

Well done to everyone who has got an interview, especially to some of you who have been applying for several years!!! Fingers crossed to everyone still waiting and for those of you with 4 reds (I think this will probably be the position I'm in) don't feel too disheartened. This process is super tough and there is a lot of criteria to meet.

Gem2010

Post by Gem2010 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:31 pm

Sorry niceday I don't think they have a reserve list for Lancaster :(

RJParker

Post by RJParker » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:33 pm

niceday wrote:Hi,
I also received my email from Lancaster today. I wondered if anyone knows about reserves for Lancaster? For example if you are 74th does that mean you could potentially be a reserve candidate if othrrs drop out or do Lancaster not do that?
Indeed, we don't have a reserve list for interviews I'm afraid.

ypsilon

Post by ypsilon » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:36 pm

2nd time applicant, 1st time poster, long time forum stalker.

manchester
lancaster
Staffordshire (not heard anything, although I know others have?!)
Liverpool

Is anyone else still waiting on Staffs?

Beryl

Post by Beryl » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:40 pm

I'm still waiting for staffs. Is it that those who sat the test on the Monday have heard?

Chachar

Post by Chachar » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:52 pm

RJParker wrote:
Chachar wrote:Hiya!

Thankyou!
Hi there. I sent all candidates an email confirming the status of their application this morning. Please check your spam folder. If you don't have anything, drop me an email - r.j.parker@lancaster.ac.uk

Rob
Thank you for your response- the email hadn't come through on my phone but was there on my laptop.

Hopefully will be better news next year :cry:

Chachar

Post by Chachar » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:54 pm

Beryl wrote:I'm still waiting for staffs. Is it that those who sat the test on the Monday have heard?
Hi,

I received my email from Staffs yesterday and I sat my test on the Friday (26th).

Good luck!!