The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Blossom

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by Blossom » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:55 pm

samantha86 wrote:Finally received my letter from Coventry and Warwick and unfortunately it was not good news. All hopes on Hertfordshire now!

Cov & Warwick
Lancaster
Liverpool
Hertfordshire
Same for me.. All hope on Herts but not optimistic as I got no interview with them last year.

moony

Post by moony » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:58 pm

I can't wait until today is over and I can know either way about my last course (Edinburgh) and stop obsessing over my inbox.

This is my third application.

UCL
Royal Holloway
IoPPN

Edinburgh

UCL
Oxford

UEL
Edinburgh (didn't get called up in the end)

UCL (you'd think I'd have learned!!!)
Bath
UEL
Edinburgh...

I also have the worst luck it seems. Less than a week before my Edinburgh interview in 2014 I was hit by a bus as I crossed the road and still had stitches in my scalp when I travelled up to interview.

Last year I had emergency surgery less than a week before my UEL interview and spent most of the day trying not to throw up my painkillers and antibiotics.

This year. I'm staying indoors. In a zorb ball. For my own safety. ;) Third year lucky I hope!!
Last edited by moony on Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The brain is a monstrous, beautiful mess." ~ W. Allman Apprentices of Wonder: Inside the Neural Network Revolution

ClaudioV

Post by ClaudioV » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:58 pm

Any emails from Coventry or just letters? I am on holidays whilst refreshing my email box every 5 seconds but nothing at all :?

confuseddotcom

Post by confuseddotcom » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:01 pm

Moony good idea and thanks for putting up your previous applications.. yes good luck and please stay safe this time around! :) x

Georgie2788

Post by Georgie2788 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:07 pm

Just popped home in my lunch break to check the post & no letter from Hertfordshire so looks like those still waiting will be receiving an email by the end of the day.

LeanneL

Post by LeanneL » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:15 pm

Esme wrote:
LeanneL wrote:So the results are in, after a pretty disheartening start I've got

Leicester
Cardiff
Brimingham
Coventry & Warwick

First time application but I graduated in 2011. Well done to all of the greens and sorry for the reds. It is such a disheartening feeling.
Congrats LeanneL! I'm still waiting on my Coventry letter- didn't get any post yesterday and our postman comes really late so trying not to think about it as I won't get in until about 5pm!

Thanks Esme,

Good luck with your letter do let me know :D
I am lucky that my boyfriend is off work today so he phoned me and let me know. Although he did do the fake "I'm really sorry to announce..." I could have killed him. :shock:

Esme

Post by Esme » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:35 pm

Thanks Esme,

I am lucky that my boyfriend is off work today so he phoned me and let me know. Although he did do the fake "I'm really sorry to announce..." I could have killed him. :shock:
Oh my gosh! Does he not understand the tension? He owes you a bottle of wine (or tipple of your choice!)
Mine is unfortunately at work today and I have a client appointment at 3pm so can't even finish early. Shame I haven't managed to teach the dog to open mail... or make phone calls...

LeanneL

Post by LeanneL » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:46 pm

Esme wrote:
Thanks Esme,

Oh my gosh! Does he not understand the tension? He owes you a bottle of wine (or tipple of your choice!)
Mine is unfortunately at work today and I have a client appointment at 3pm so can't even finish early. Shame I haven't managed to teach the dog to open mail... or make phone calls...

Good point, I really do not think that he understands the tension! He is actually babysitting tonight (we have a two year old) so that I can go to the pub with my friend and "reflect" on the whole process so I win I suppose.

And if you could teach your dog those things you would possibly be in the wrong profession ha ha. That sucks about 3 though. I have (unfortunately for my manager) mentally checked out for the week. I work in a rehab unit so I am working on next weeks activity plans and putting in outrageous day trips! Good Luck!!!!

greenamber83

Post by greenamber83 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:55 pm

UCL
IoP
UEL
RHUL

Feeling a bit deflated but okay. The fact that I still have to wait around now is the hardest bit! Congrats to everyone who got interviews and very best of luck. Good luck to others waiting on reserve lists!

Bagel29

Post by Bagel29 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:57 pm

Herts emails are out!

UCL
UEA
RHUL

Herts

An unbelievable result really! Although wondering about Herts...

Blossom

Post by Blossom » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:02 pm

I am officially out this year.

SURREY
SALOMONS
RHUL
HERTS

Good luck to all the greens and start prepping.

CLS88

Post by CLS88 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:05 pm

Thought I would wait until all of mine were out:

Herts
Surrey
UEA
Salomons (1st reserve)

Second application, feeling really disappointed as felt my application was strong this year. Fingers crossed for Salomons though, hopeful being first reserve I at least have a chance at interview, they say it only takes one! Good luck to everyone else.

ShirinM

Post by ShirinM » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:08 pm

I am out aswell!! first time applying and just glad that the waiting is over.

Royal Holloway
Surrey
Salomans
Hertfordshire

good luck to all those who have interviews. :P not looking forward to doing this again next year!

Purplefirepoi

Post by Purplefirepoi » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:11 pm

Congratulations to all the greens..... so far my application history looks like this...

2014/2015
Cardiff
Bath
Exeter
Salomons

2015/2016
Cardiff
Herts
Exeter
Cov & Warwick

Praying there is a lucky letter at home, not looking forward to the long wait to see if I have an Interview at Cardiff or not!!

pixiedustchaos

Post by pixiedustchaos » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:15 pm

UEA
Salomons

UEL
Herts???

Any one still waiting on Herts?