The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
kimi88

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by kimi88 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:23 pm

Teesside Yes!!!
Newcastle (Was on the reserve list for a place last year)
Leeds
Sheffield

I'm so happy that I have one interview this year. 4th time applying and this is my 2nd interview.
Last edited by kimi88 on Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
JBoulton

Post by JBoulton » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:28 pm

Teesside

Does anyone know roughly how many people are on their reserve list? They said they can't give you your position. 6th course to interview, one can but hope.

afterglower

Post by afterglower » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:38 pm

Hertfordshire have sent e-mails :)
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.

Mmarlborough

Post by Mmarlborough » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:41 pm

So after 3 years of no interviews, here is my final outcome for my 4th application:
Leicester
Coventry
Oxford
Hertfordshire

I'm so delighted to have two interviews this year after 3 years of disappointment. Sorry to hear of all the Reds! Good luck for all the greens!!

katiesykerd

Post by katiesykerd » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:43 pm

I've still not heard back from Trent, anybody else in this position? I know there's still plenty of time left but I'm impatient :P Especially since I've seen both reds and greens from Trent...

ogglebog

Post by ogglebog » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:44 pm

Final results are in

teesside!!!
leeds
newcastle

I'm Iver the moon. Second year of applying and teesside was my first choice. Just gotta nail the interview now. Congrats to all the other greens and well done to all the reds. It's such a hard process.

laydee89

Post by laydee89 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:44 pm

Teesside
Salomons
Newcastle
UEA

Third year applying, first ever interview. So happy!! So sorry for all the reds, believe me I know how rubbish it feels x

Howsoonisnow

Post by Howsoonisnow » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:55 pm

Please Edinburgh put me out of my misery! It has been a long and emotional week.

Lixsa

Post by Lixsa » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:01 pm

Howsoonisnow wrote:Please Edinburgh put me out of my misery! It has been a long and emotional week.
I'm practically pulling my hair out! Come ON Edinburgh :roll: *checks emails*

rgj25

Post by rgj25 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:03 pm

Is anyone else still waiting on Teesside? This wait is no fun.

Als

Post by Als » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:07 pm

First year applying (despite graduating a while back)

Essex
IOP
UEL
Herts

This has been a horrible week.. to go from a little hope and lots of email refreshing to a big fat red disappointment sucks... :cry:

Thank to those who share reds and thoughts on plan bs! - especially repeat appliers and mature students - the process is tough and the fact it's so random too makes it even tougher!

Roll on the weekend and wine.. :lol:

Anyone ever had just one reserve - how do you get the motivation to interview prep knowing chances are so low?! IOP don't give out reserve list info too and as its my first time applying I feel like I have no idea at all how likely it is to go from reserve to interview?! :|

mkhairat

Post by mkhairat » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:08 pm

Lixsa wrote:
Howsoonisnow wrote:Please Edinburgh put me out of my misery! It has been a long and emotional week.
I'm practically pulling my hair out! Come ON Edinburgh :roll: *checks emails*
Tell me about it!!! Have they historically gotten back to people by the deadline?!

Lixsa

Post by Lixsa » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:12 pm

Howsoonisnow wrote:Tell me about it!!! Have they historically gotten back to people by the deadline?!
As far as I'm aware (first time applying), they are always on the deadline day. Historically pretty late at night though!

svr

Post by svr » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:17 pm

Als wrote:First year applying (despite graduating a while back)

Essex
IOP
UEL
Herts

This has been a horrible week.. to go from a little hope and lots of email refreshing to a big fat red disappointment sucks... :cry:

Thank to those who share reds and thoughts on plan bs! - especially repeat appliers and mature students - the process is tough and the fact it's so random too makes it even tougher!

Roll on the weekend and wine.. :lol:

Anyone ever had just one reserve - how do you get the motivation to interview prep knowing chances are so low?! IOP don't give out reserve list info too and as its my first time applying I feel like I have no idea at all how likely it is to go from reserve to interview?! :|
Tell me about it! All I've got is 13th reserve for Cardiff. Not sure how I'm going to find the motivation to prepare for an interview that will most probably never materialise.

Duracell

Post by Duracell » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:18 pm

katiesykerd wrote:I've still not heard back from Trent, anybody else in this position? I know there's still plenty of time left but I'm impatient :P Especially since I've seen both reds and greens from Trent...
I'm also still waiting to hear back from Trent