The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Post Reply
pixiedustchaos
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:49 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by pixiedustchaos » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:24 pm

afterglower wrote:Hertfordshire have sent e-mails :)

Any body else not got a Herts email? It's my top choice. Have checked spam - refresh button might wear out soon!

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
wilson55
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:16 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by wilson55 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:25 pm

Second time applying but with 5 years expereince and a MSc

Cardiff
Liverpool
Teesside
Edinburgh

Progress from 4 reds last year :D

Now for Edinburgh...the longest wait, the 4 extra gruelling questions... and the online test... Anybody else just feel more invested in Edinburgh solely due to the extra time taken in the selection process?

Howsoonisnow
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:10 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by Howsoonisnow » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:29 pm

Yes for sure. I have lost count how many drafts I went through for the additional questions.

wilson55
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:16 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by wilson55 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:31 pm

Howsoonisnow wrote:Yes for sure. I have lost count how many drafts I went through for the additional questions.
I was on draft number 7 for one of the questions. I would say I had a total of ~20 drafts :lol:

blueivy25
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:11 am

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by blueivy25 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:34 pm

Salomons :P
Herfordshire
UCL
Manchester


First time applying, all my efforts are going into this one :)

Duracell
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:05 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by Duracell » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:37 pm

Just to let anyone know who is waiting to hear from Trent...all emails being sent by them to hotmail accounts aren't reaching the recipients and all were sent at the same time yesterday. Outcomes are on the clearing house website though. If you contact Trent directly, they will resend the email to you individually. Hope that helps people who are refreshing pages!

Howsoonisnow
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:10 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by Howsoonisnow » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:38 pm

Trying to remain positive that all the effort was worth it. Good luck!

User avatar
firegal
Team Member
Posts: 564
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:55 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by firegal » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:38 pm

pixiedustchaos wrote:
afterglower wrote:Hertfordshire have sent e-mails :)

Any body else not got a Herts email? It's my top choice. Have checked spam - refresh button might wear out soon!

Same here. Trying not to get my hopes up about the whole "Ooooh maybe they just haven't sent out the green batch yet!" but it's very hard!

Als
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:13 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by Als » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:43 pm

svr wrote:
Als wrote:First year applying (despite graduating a while back)

Essex
IOP
UEL
Herts


This has been a horrible week.. to go from a little hope and lots of email refreshing to a big fat red disappointment sucks... :cry:

Thank to those who share reds and thoughts on plan bs! - especially repeat appliers and mature students - the process is tough and the fact it's so random too makes it even tougher!

Roll on the weekend and wine.. :lol:

Anyone ever had just one reserve - how do you get the motivation to interview prep knowing chances are so low?! IOP don't give out reserve list info too and as its my first time applying I feel like I have no idea at all how likely it is to go from reserve to interview?! :|
Tell me about it! All I've got is 13th reserve for Cardiff. Not sure how I'm going to find the motivation to prepare for an interview that will most probably never materialise.
Its a really odd position to be in isn't it.. great it's only 3 reds not 4 but it kinda prevents you moving on for this year and keeps you with a bit of hope that might just be just that.. hmm, good luck anyway - here's to 13 people not going to the Cardiff interview! :D

bethpaterson
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:52 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by bethpaterson » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:52 pm

Hi all,

My Herts rejection email was labelled as possible spam by Gmail.... so anyone still waiting, suggest you check your spam folders.

I interviewed at Herts a few years ago despite having far less experience than I do now (Assistant post, MSc, publications). Shows how random this whole process can be...

Am so glad all the waiting is over and I can concentrate on nurturing my baby bump :)

Well done everyone. Whatever the outcome, don't forget you all took time and effort to complete the form for a highly competitive process, which shows hard work, dedication and courage, all useful attributes for whatever field you go into :D

Beth

svr
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:22 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by svr » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:53 pm

Als wrote:
svr wrote:
Als wrote:First year applying (despite graduating a while back)

Essex
IOP
UEL
Herts


This has been a horrible week.. to go from a little hope and lots of email refreshing to a big fat red disappointment sucks... :cry:

Thank to those who share reds and thoughts on plan bs! - especially repeat appliers and mature students - the process is tough and the fact it's so random too makes it even tougher!

Roll on the weekend and wine.. :lol:

Anyone ever had just one reserve - how do you get the motivation to interview prep knowing chances are so low?! IOP don't give out reserve list info too and as its my first time applying I feel like I have no idea at all how likely it is to go from reserve to interview?! :|
Tell me about it! All I've got is 13th reserve for Cardiff. Not sure how I'm going to find the motivation to prepare for an interview that will most probably never materialise.
Its a really odd position to be in isn't it.. great it's only 3 reds not 4 but it kinda prevents you moving on for this year and keeps you with a bit of hope that might just be just that.. hmm, good luck anyway - here's to 13 people not going to the Cardiff interview! :D

Thank you! Hope you get IOP. Yay for reservists! :lol:

Als
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:13 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by Als » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:56 pm

bethpaterson wrote:Hi all,

My Herts rejection email was labelled as possible spam by Gmail.... so anyone still waiting, suggest you check your spam folders.

I interviewed at Herts a few years ago despite having far less experience than I do now (Assistant post, MSc, publications). Shows how random this whole process can be...

Am so glad all the waiting is over and I can concentrate on nurturing my baby bump :)

Well done everyone. Whatever the outcome, don't forget you all took time and effort to complete the form for a highly competitive process, which shows hard work, dedication and courage, all useful attributes for whatever field you go into :D

Beth
Good luck with the baby, they make everything seem less important anyway :)

confuseddotcom
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:43 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by confuseddotcom » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:12 pm

it's official.. four reds!... this process is absolutely brutal...

sushibobs
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:23 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by sushibobs » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:14 pm

FINALLY!!!

So in 2012 I applied as a practice all no's, last year I had three reds and a reserve interview that never materialised at Edinburgh so I'm pleased and somewhat dreamlike to report:

Edinburgh
Glasgow
Leeds
Newcastle

It's been a long old slog. Congratulations to everyone for surviving (red or green).

I think wine is in order.

User avatar
moony
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: London

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by moony » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:19 pm

I don't know how I feel about all that waiting for an Edinburgh. I was reserve list last year and didn't get a call, so I'm not optimistic.

Not a terrible haul this year though:

UEL
Bath
Edinburgh

UCL

Here's hoping those list move, and that there's not a last minute dash from London to Edinburgh. ;)

Good luck everyone! At least the first, horrible part of the process is over! R&R weekend is go. Take care of yourselves people.
"The brain is a monstrous, beautiful mess." ~ W. Allman Apprentices of Wonder: Inside the Neural Network Revolution

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests