The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
bowbow88

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by bowbow88 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:02 pm

endedupageek wrote:Hi - I've heard from Plymouth. Same experience as the other poster, got an email, then a message saying it had been recalled but then a second email offering interview. I'm turning up for an interview now even if I get another recall message!
Ha love it! Just dont give them the choice :wink:

Well done and good luck! :D

Stevielkelly

Post by Stevielkelly » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:04 pm

Waiting for three responses at this stage is just incredibly frustrating and distracting. I have been the least productive today, between stalking this forum, checking emails and my phone.
I wouldn't care quite so much, but as a first time applicant I applied more for experience of the process than anything else and by some miracle landed an interview at UCL - off the back of that I've fallen into the trap that actually it may be possible to get interviews elsewhere.

Does anyone know how Oxford usually deliver their feedback?

Hummingbird

Post by Hummingbird » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:10 pm

samantha86 wrote:
clinpsymember wrote:
Hummingbird wrote:There was a letter at home this afternoon when I got in, I assume you are waiting to hear back from Coventry too- fingers crossed for you :)
Thank you! I have heard that they have done email invites and letter rejections in the past, so I'm assuming if I don't get an email there'll be a rejection letter waiting for me. Waiting for them too yep, so nerve wracking!
No letter here and no e-mail...not sure I can take much more of this! Good luck all!

I hope that means better news for you than myself Samantha86 :) Good luck!

clinpsymember

Post by clinpsymember » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:13 pm

Thank you! I have heard that they have done email invites and letter rejections in the past, so I'm assuming if I don't get an email there'll be a rejection letter waiting for me. Waiting for them too yep, so nerve wracking![/quote]

No letter here and no e-mail...not sure I can take much more of this! Good luck all![/quote]

I hope that means better news for you than myself Samantha86 :) Good luck![/quote]

Ahh good luck! Can't check the post until I'm home from work, so I guess I'll have to continue frantically checking my emails then!

becky1989

Post by becky1989 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:15 pm

Just waiting on one more response now, hurry up staffs!!

Birmingham
Coventry/Warwick
Leicester
Staffordshire

HoneyNutLoop

Post by HoneyNutLoop » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:18 pm

Did you also hear about Coventry in a letter Becky1989? Fingers crossed for your staffordshire response.

becky1989

Post by becky1989 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:20 pm

HoneyNutLoop wrote:Did you also hear about Coventry in a letter Becky1989? Fingers crossed for your staffordshire response.
Yes it was a letter! When I read that someone else had a letter I drove to my parents (as that's where I was living when I applied) and lo and behold it was waiting there for me!

rosieanna

Post by rosieanna » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:25 pm

Just to let you know I popped home for lunch and found an invite to interview letter from Coventry waiting for me (yay! Rejections from everywhere else so had almost given up hope!). Just thought I'd post as someone had mentionned perhaps email invites and letter rejections - looks like both have been letters so far.

C&W
Staffordshire
Leicester
Birmingham

Good luck everyone who is still waiting to hear, this week has been SO nerve wracking.

clinpsymember

Post by clinpsymember » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:27 pm

rosieanna wrote:Just to let you know I popped home for lunch and found an invite to interview letter from Coventry waiting for me (yay! Rejections from everywhere else so had almost given up hope!). Just thought I'd post as someone had mentionned perhaps email invites and letter rejections - looks like both have been letters so far.

C&W
Staffordshire
Leicester
Birmingham

Good luck everyone who is still waiting to hear, this week has been SO nerve wracking.
Yayy congrats!! That's good to know, I'd heard it was emails but at least I can stop refreshing now!

samantha86

Post by samantha86 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:27 pm

rosieanna wrote:Just to let you know I popped home for lunch and found an invite to interview letter from Coventry waiting for me (yay! Rejections from everywhere else so had almost given up hope!). Just thought I'd post as someone had mentionned perhaps email invites and letter rejections - looks like both have been letters so far.

C&W
Staffordshire
Leicester
Birmingham

Congratulations!!! Thank you for posting! I clearly just have an incompetent postman/woman! I can't believe I'm going to have to wait another day!

LeanneL

Post by LeanneL » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:31 pm

I have no letter from C&W either it's going to be the longest 24 hours I've had for a while!

katiesykerd

Post by katiesykerd » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:34 pm

Still no letter or email from cov - I even went to greet the post lady at the end of my drive! I got a little excited when I saw a letter from Newcastle, but it was just info about my Masters I'm currently doing there. Boo :|

rosieanna

Post by rosieanna » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:37 pm

Just checked my emails to see if Coventry had done both, but nothing in there so just a letter it looks like. However, last year I received an email from them saying I was on the reserve list for interview. Don't know if they are doing that this year, but I have been applying for years (sigh) and my previous invite (two years ago) was by letter also, and my straight rejection from them was also by letter (3 years ago).

My postie will be getting a big box of chocs at this rate as it looks like he's worked extra hard to get it to me quickly! I do live pretty close to the Uni though, so proximity might explain the quick response...

Georgie2788

Post by Georgie2788 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:51 pm

I'm now

Leicester
Birmingham
Hertfordshire
Oxford

PsychBrainiac

The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by PsychBrainiac » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:52 pm

Stevielkelly wrote:Waiting for three responses at this stage is just incredibly frustrating and distracting. I have been the least productive today, between stalking this forum, checking emails and my phone.
I wouldn't care quite so much, but as a first time applicant I applied more for experience of the process than anything else and by some miracle landed an interview at UCL - off the back of that I've fallen into the trap that actually it may be possible to get interviews elsewhere.

Does anyone know how Oxford usually deliver their feedback?
I emailed them a little while ago and they confirmed that it'll be by email this year.

PB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To to ro Totoro To to ro Totoro