The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Stevielkelly

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by Stevielkelly » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:55 pm

PsychBrainiac wrote:
Stevielkelly wrote:Waiting for three responses at this stage is just incredibly frustrating and distracting. I have been the least productive today, between stalking this forum, checking emails and my phone.
I wouldn't care quite so much, but as a first time applicant I applied more for experience of the process than anything else and by some miracle landed an interview at UCL - off the back of that I've fallen into the trap that actually it may be possible to get interviews elsewhere.

Does anyone know how Oxford usually deliver their feedback?
I emailed them a little while ago and they confirmed that it'll be by email this year.

PB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah excellent! Thank you very much for letting me know, now I can relax a little safe in the knowledge that is in fact no news as opposed to bad news awaiting me at home.
Cutting it nice and close, huh?

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
samantha86

Post by samantha86 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:10 pm

I don't suppose anyone knows if/when/how Hertfordshire are planning on letting us know?

seasidepsyc

Post by seasidepsyc » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:11 pm

I am now
Birmingham
Southampton
Bath
Oxford

It can be difficult to feel rejection but the standard of applicants in this field is so high! I chose to believe that everything happens for a reason. If it is not our year to start the Doctorate perhaps something equally wonderful awaits :)

Congratulations to all of the greens/oranges and best of luck to everyone waiting!

PsychBrainiac

The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by PsychBrainiac » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:16 pm

Stevielkelly wrote:
PsychBrainiac wrote:
Stevielkelly wrote:Waiting for three responses at this stage is just incredibly frustrating and distracting. I have been the least productive today, between stalking this forum, checking emails and my phone.
I wouldn't care quite so much, but as a first time applicant I applied more for experience of the process than anything else and by some miracle landed an interview at UCL - off the back of that I've fallen into the trap that actually it may be possible to get interviews elsewhere.

Does anyone know how Oxford usually deliver their feedback?
I emailed them a little while ago and they confirmed that it'll be by email this year.

PB

Ah excellent! Thank you very much for letting me know, now I can relax a little safe in the knowledge that is in fact no news as opposed to bad news awaiting me at home.
Cutting it nice and close, huh?
You're welcome :-)

Yes, cutting it very close! They are normally late Feb/early March so I thought I would hear from them first and not last!!

To to ro Totoro To to ro Totoro

Michael54321

Post by Michael54321 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:23 pm

C'mon Edinburgh!

Stevielkelly

Post by Stevielkelly » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:26 pm

Well there we have it...

UCL
Oxford
Newcastle
Trent
Last edited by Stevielkelly on Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

camelia

Post by camelia » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:27 pm

4th time applying
Southampton
Bath
Oxford
Hertfordshire

mkhairat

Post by mkhairat » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:35 pm

first time applying:
UCL
Oxford
Edinburgh
Newcastle

COME ON!!

SillyPhD

Post by SillyPhD » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:41 pm

1st Time applying:
Manchester
IOP
Birmingham
Oxford

Good luck everyone!

bowbow88

Post by bowbow88 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:59 pm

Congrats to everyone who got interviews! Second year applying and four reds this year, so I will be looking into travelling and doing sea turtle conservation abroad!
Good luck to everyone who have interviews and to everyone who didn't - the world is a big, beautiful place and although it may sometimes seem like this application process is all consuming, I think we'll be just fine!

becky1989

Post by becky1989 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:13 pm

bowbow88 wrote:Congrats to everyone who got interviews! Second year applying and four reds this year, so I will be looking into travelling and doing sea turtle conservation abroad!
Good luck to everyone who have interviews and to everyone who didn't - the world is a big, beautiful place and although it may sometimes seem like this application process is all consuming, I think we'll be just fine!
Well said!

ImaginePsych

Post by ImaginePsych » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:13 pm

Teesside
Edinburgh

and... Newcastle ... just received my email.

:D :D Good luck everybody!!!

katiesykerd

Post by katiesykerd » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:14 pm

Trent
Cov
Newcastle
Teeside

Just got an email from Newcastle now. Knew I wouldn't get an interview really because of the way they select applicants (very academic heavy), but I'm based in the North East and moving away would be a huge deal.

I still want to hear back from Trent though, because I really liked their selection test and I'm dying to know how I did! haha

Hockeygirl

Post by Hockeygirl » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:16 pm

Teesside
Manchester
Leeds......................

NEWCASTLE!!!!!!!!!!!

My friends manager is over at my base hot-desking. She just experienced me jumping up from my desk shouting "GET IN!!!" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sanskaras

Post by Sanskaras » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:16 pm

First time applying and super happy with:
Manchester
Staffordshire
Lancaster
Liverpool

Sending hugs to all the reds- don't give up!!