Turned down interviews

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Welly28

Turned down interviews

Post by Welly28 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:43 pm

Last year we had a thread so people could say if they were turning down interviews so those who are on reserve lists had an idea of if the lists were moving! Hoping this is helpful... Good luck everyone!!

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
moony

Re: Turned down interviews

Post by moony » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:29 pm

As a "reservist" for Bath and Edinburgh, I'm massively in favour of this thread. Bath is my first choice. Really hoping that people are offered their first choice before hand and the reserve list moves enough for me to land an interview. Reserve interview list is a strange sort of limbo!
"The brain is a monstrous, beautiful mess." ~ W. Allman Apprentices of Wonder: Inside the Neural Network Revolution

svr

Post by svr » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:30 pm

Hello fellow reserve listers!

I was wondering if any of you know the protocol for getting information about interviews when you're on the reserve list? So, for example if you have to prepare a presentation will they give you this information before you are called up? I can't imagine anything more stressful than being called for an interview the next day and having to knock out a presentation within 24 hours! Any help would be gratefully received. :D

Stephhhhaniee

Post by Stephhhhaniee » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:27 pm

svr wrote:Hello fellow reserve listers!

I was wondering if any of you know the protocol for getting information about interviews when you're on the reserve list? So, for example if you have to prepare a presentation will they give you this information before you are called up? I can't imagine anything more stressful than being called for an interview the next day and having to knock out a presentation within 24 hours! Any help would be gratefully received. :D
Hi,

I'm reserve list for UEA and they provided me with the same information as those who were invited to interview which included preparing a talk on a proposed research study. I think it is highly unlikely they will expect you to prepare something if they have not already informed you.

Good luck!

Shmit

Post by Shmit » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:00 pm

I rang and spoke to the admin team and they emailed me a copy of the letter (in draft form) stating the same information those who get invited to interview receive. Maybe worth doing that :)

svr

Post by svr » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:20 pm

Cheers all! I did speak to the very nice lady in the admin office, and she said that she will have a chat with the powers that be about sending out info to reserve listers. :alien:

becky1989

Post by becky1989 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:01 pm

Hi everyone.

Is anyone on the reserve list for Birmingham?
I am, but have been given no information about the process whatsoever.
I intended to call them today but I was absolutely swamped at work and forgot about it until 5pm then the office was closed.
Does anyone have any info about the Birmingham interview and what the process for reserves is?
Thanks
Becky

laura83

Post by laura83 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:31 am

Hello,

Just for information I contacted Southampton University today (I'm 15th in their reserve list). They said that there are no formal plans in place to update candidates if the reserve list moves, however she welcomed me to contact them at the end of April for an update. They don't interview until mid May so plenty of time yet... Though it still seems unlikely.

I haven't seen any other Southampton reserves on here but thought I would post just in case... I know I've lurked here frequently without posting!

Good luck to everyone

newbie16

Post by newbie16 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:23 pm

Hello,

This is my first year applying so I'm just wondering what people's experiences have been in previous years with reserve lists? I am on reserve for both Royal Holloway (#1 choice) and Edinburgh which I understand to be the last to hold interviews - does the reserve list for such courses generally (dramatically) move towards the end of interview season with people accepting places elsewhere? Or have people found that it stays relatively the same? Just wondering if I should get my hopes up!

Thanks!

Randomswirls
Team Member

Post by Randomswirls » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:08 pm

With regards to Royal Holloway I went to a talk where they said they moved their interview so that it was after the other London unis meaning their reserve list for interviews moved a fair amount. I don't know if this is the case still as the talk was before last years application season.

Pebble2015

Post by Pebble2015 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:28 pm

newbie16 wrote:Hello,

This is my first year applying so I'm just wondering what people's experiences have been in previous years with reserve lists? I am on reserve for both Royal Holloway (#1 choice) and Edinburgh which I understand to be the last to hold interviews - does the reserve list for such courses generally (dramatically) move towards the end of interview season with people accepting places elsewhere? Or have people found that it stays relatively the same? Just wondering if I should get my hopes up!

Thanks!
I was number 30 on the royal holloway reserve list last year and had completely written off the idea of being invited to interview, but was contacted the week before and invited to one! I don't know how similar that is to previous years... Good luck!

lilachannah

Post by lilachannah » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:12 pm

Update for Exeter reserve listers: they've contacted me this afternoon with an interview offer, so the list is moving! :D

moony

Post by moony » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:28 am

Realise it's still very early days, but has anyone heard if there's been any movement on the Bath reserve list?

Realistically I'm thinking nothing much is going to move until the end of next week when Oxford / Surrey have finished interviewing, but I'm anxious and curious. ;)
"The brain is a monstrous, beautiful mess." ~ W. Allman Apprentices of Wonder: Inside the Neural Network Revolution

LilyPad

Post by LilyPad » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:39 am

Plea from me too...anyone have any news on Liverpool?

alexabrown90

Post by alexabrown90 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:52 am

LilyPad wrote:Plea from me too...anyone have any news on Liverpool?
When I rang on Friday I was told that the reserve list has moved by 4 places. I hope this is helpful to you :)