Coventry and Warwickshire rejection Feedback

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Purplefirepoi

Coventry and Warwickshire rejection Feedback

Post by Purplefirepoi » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:01 am

Hi

I'm posting for a plea for help. I received a rejection letter from Coventry and Warwickshire and the only box ticked on my feedback is 'seek advice regarding application completion/presentation'. So here I am seeking advice!!!

Despite reading the forum posts here, my form being read by my supervising CP and fellow AP's it appears to not be good enough to take me through to the interview stage. I appreciate that this is competitive and a good application is the holy grail, so I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help in any way, possibly by reading my personal statements from my form and make some pointers on how I could strengthen and improve them?

Has anyone else received this kind of feedback from Coventry and if so, what do you make of it?

ogglebog

Re: Coventry and Warwickshire rejection Feedback

Post by ogglebog » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:42 pm

I would be happy to look for you. I don't consider myself any kind of expert (2nd year of applying, interview at 1 of the three course centres I applied for) but I got a lot of advice this year and a lot of it was about presentation of the former

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:56 am

I do a lot of form reviews each year, but a) I normally expect a charitable donation in return for my time and b) I'm pretty blunt about what I think of them!
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

Mikel Arteta

Post by Mikel Arteta » Fri May 06, 2016 10:34 pm

Hi,

I trained there. Look at my post giving generic advice, which has worked for me and many others.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=17956
Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly, all your life
you were only waiting for this moment to arise
:)

Purplefirepoi

Post by Purplefirepoi » Tue May 17, 2016 5:35 pm

Thank you all for replying. I've had trouble accessing this website so apologies for the delayed response. I've read your post Mikel, thank you for your wisdom.

I ended up being recalled for interview at Cardiff and have been offered a reserve place so I must be doing something right. I'm waiting for my feedback to make a development plan for next year.

Mikel Arteta

Post by Mikel Arteta » Tue May 17, 2016 6:13 pm

Well done on the reserve place, purple, hope you have success :)
Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly, all your life
you were only waiting for this moment to arise
:)