Reserve list for places 2016

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
nicolaannolive

Post by nicolaannolive » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:40 pm

Thought I would start a new thread to give us reservies (I know this is not a word but I kinda like the ring to it :) ) some idea of whether the reserve lists are moving. This could function in a way similar to the 'turned down interviews' thread. Best of luck everyone :D

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
fotintent

Re: Reserve list for places 2016

Post by fotintent » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:08 am

This is a great idea. I am second on the reserve list for Leicester and I was informed today that there are no places that have become available on the course yet.

FredV

Post by FredV » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:55 pm

Long shot but was wondering if anyone knows anything about the reserve lists for NUI Galway and University of Limerick? I am reserve for both (9th reserve for NUIG).

Bd17

Post by Bd17 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:05 pm

Hi all, this is my first year applying and I am also a reserve. I am just wondering when the reserve list is most likely to move? Is the movement usually at the end of the process, I am wondering if people would wait until as close to the deadline to make their decision! Any thoughts?

Esme

Post by Esme » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:08 am

Hi Bd17,
I think it's quite varied- a friend of mine was reserve for Exeter a few years back and got a place the next day, as a few people turned it down as soon as it was offered. Some people won't hear until June as the deadline for everyone to accept places is June 10th.

There haven't been any interviews for a while because of Easter so no universities have been sending out offers- there were quite a few interviews this week so hopefully everything will start moving again as universities start making offers over the next few weeks.

Where are you reserve for? I'm waiting on Manchester and interviewed at Birmingham this week.

Bd17

Post by Bd17 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:39 pm

Esme wrote:Hi Bd17,
I think it's quite varied- a friend of mine was reserve for Exeter a few years back and got a place the next day, as a few people turned it down as soon as it was offered. Some people won't hear until June as the deadline for everyone to accept places is June 10th.

There haven't been any interviews for a while because of Easter so no universities have been sending out offers- there were quite a few interviews this week so hopefully everything will start moving again as universities start making offers over the next few weeks.

Where are you reserve for? I'm waiting on Manchester and interviewed at Birmingham this week.
Thank you, that is useful to know! Yes, I do have to keep telling myself that there are still many courses yet to interview, fingers crossed. Congratulations, good luck with Birmingham! I am a reserve for Bangor :).

jfbaily

Post by jfbaily » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:44 pm

I interviewed at Plymouth on Wednesday, having been on the reserve list for interview. Is the process the same for places then? I don't think I did particularly well but it was a good experience.!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicolaannolive

Post by nicolaannolive » Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:59 pm

jfbaily wrote:I interviewed at Plymouth on Wednesday, having been on the reserve list for interview. Is the process the same for places then? I don't think I did particularly well but it was a good experience.!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You may surprise yourself jfbaily. I completely messed my Manchester interview up and still got on the reserve list for a place!!!

I'm not sure what you mean by "..the same for places", I am assuming you are asking whether there are reserve lists for places as well as for interviews? If so, yup :) !

Best of luck for Plymouth

Daenerys

Post by Daenerys » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:21 am

I am withdrawing from my place at UEA this week, so hopefully 1st reserve on the list will get a nice email soon!
“Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.” Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

Esme

Post by Esme » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:52 am

Daenerys wrote:I am withdrawing from my place at UEA this week, so hopefully 1st reserve on the list will get a nice email soon!
I assume congrats are in order! Where will you be going?

Daenerys

Post by Daenerys » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:08 pm

Oxford!
“Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.” Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

Esme

Post by Esme » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:37 am

Fab, what a great uni! Well done Daenerys, I bet you're relieved that the application process is over for good. I hope you've celebrated adequately!

x

Geepopalolo

Post by Geepopalolo » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:04 pm

FredV wrote:Long shot but was wondering if anyone knows anything about the reserve lists for NUI Galway and University of Limerick? I am reserve for both (9th reserve for NUIG).
Hey FredV
I have heard that reserve no 4 for Galway has taken a place... I haven't heard of any movement at Limerick- have you any updates? Do you know how many are in reserve at both in total?

Best of luck- would be great to hear if you have heard anything! G

FredV

Post by FredV » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:16 am

Geepopalolo wrote:
FredV wrote:Long shot but was wondering if anyone knows anything about the reserve lists for NUI Galway and University of Limerick? I am reserve for both (9th reserve for NUIG).
Hey FredV
I have heard that reserve no 4 for Galway has taken a place... I haven't heard of any movement at Limerick- have you any updates? Do you know how many are in reserve at both in total?

Hi Geepopalolo,

Will PM you :)

FredV

Post by FredV » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:51 pm

FredV wrote:
Geepopalolo wrote:
Hey FredV

Hi Geepopalolo,

Will PM you :)
Not sure if my PM sent :(

There are 20 reserve places in UL and in NUIG. These are seperate lists I believe.

As far as I know there has been no movement for UL :(

Best of luck to you too, fingers crossed!:)