Response to interview advice thread

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Mikel Arteta

Re: Clinical Psychology Doctorate Interview Advice

Post by Mikel Arteta » Tue May 17, 2016 5:48 pm

Nads, hope you got the articles and got a place!

Lizard Queen, well done! How did you get on? I intervieed there, but declined the place. Great victoria sponge at interview though!

My pleasure reishi, hope you got on okay :)

Laura, glad you found the post useful. Don't worry, most people fret at various points in the process, I know I did! As for theory linking to practice. Behavioural theories often apply e.g. habituation for clients with anxiety. Another example would be if you assessed a client and relationship with parents in the early years seemed problematic - think attachment theory. Please do ask if you have further questions. Hope you got on okay

Calliope - I agree. I wore my best suit, sharp shirt and tie, polished shoes, etc. In my opinion it's important to make an effort. I still dress this way for interviews now. Hope you got on okay at interviews :)

Glad people are finding the advice post useful, it is a tough process! All the best everyone :)
Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly, all your life
you were only waiting for this moment to arise
:)

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
jason712

Re: Advice for Writing of ClinPsy Doctorate Application

Post by jason712 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:56 pm

I just read this, thank you so much, this was so helpful and it really help reassure me for when I finally feel ready to apply. I feel like everyone gets so fixated on experience and academics that they won't have a chance unless they do everything, at least that's how I felt for a long time.

Mikel Arteta

Re: Advice for Writing of ClinPsy Doctorate Application

Post by Mikel Arteta » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:27 pm

jason712 wrote:I just read this, thank you so much, this was so helpful and it really help reassure me for when I finally feel ready to apply. I feel like everyone gets so fixated on experience and academics that they won't have a chance unless they do everything, at least that's how I felt for a long time.
My pleasure, Jason :)

All the best with everything.
Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly, all your life
you were only waiting for this moment to arise
:)