Re UK referendum

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
fotintent

Re UK referendum

Post by fotintent » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:39 am

Hi guys,

I don't know if this the correct place to write this. I just have a question and I would like to know what other people think.
I have an offer for the Leicester Clinical Doctorate and I am also an EU citizen. I was just wondering if anyone knows what will happen to my offer if the UK votes to leave the EU. I contacted my course but they do not know and I wanted to see if anyone in here has more knowledge regarding this matter.

lozb

Re: Re UK referendum

Post by lozb » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:30 am

I'm in the same boat as you, I'm an EU citizen and have accepted a place at Royal Holloway. Considering it would take at least 2 years to negotiate a Brexit I can't imagine anything will happen to your offer if you're starting the course this year... or at least that's my hope :shock: If anyone knows more though please do share!

sarahg

Post by sarahg » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:20 pm

I'd wait until Thursday before you start to worry.

I don't think any university will know exactly what will happen should we leave the EU. My university has some ideas, but nothing concrete yet. I suspect it would be best to contact the specific university.

Gilly

Post by Gilly » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:31 pm

Have to agree with the others - I believe that if we vote to leave then they are aiming for it all to be completed by 2020, which gives you some time regardless, but might be worth contacting your course to see if there is anything that they have to consider specifically.
You're not calling for help, are you?! ;)

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln.

Volta

Post by Volta » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:47 pm

The Leeds course send me an email on Friday reassuring me that my place on the course is safe and that the Brexit outcome has no impact on the current application. For the next 2 years anyway.

workingmama
Team Member

Post by workingmama » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:48 am

Newcastle have sent a mail to state that all current and starting-in-September 2016 students from the EU will continue to be treated as EU for the foreseeable future, and that further information will be sent as soon as anything is known. I'd contact you own, but wanted to post in case this was helpful to any northern-heading EU chaps.

Good luck.
Fail, fail again, fail better.

clinpsymember

Post by clinpsymember » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:48 pm

Hi

congrats to all EU nationals who already have a place! I am also an EU/EEA national, but I have not yet managed to secure a place, and am now of course very nervous that I will not be allowed to apply again. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about whether we will be able to apply for the NHS funded courses again this year, or whether the emails you guys have received stated anything about this? I have emailed the clearing house and the unis I plan on applying to, but wanted to see if anyone knows anything! Thanks!

Anne1206

Post by Anne1206 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:03 pm

I am in the same boat clinpsymember, would you mind sharing the responses? So gutted, I literally moved back to the UK (having lived here for a while, but moving back home to go to uni where it is affordable) 8 weeks ago (!!) to embark on my career here, a very conscious choice and now all this.. I have already come up with one solution though, which would involve my boyfriend and I getting married and getting two passports afterwards, which I believe would make me UK homestatus, but that is a very long proces