Alternative Handbook out now - free for all

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Randall

Alternative Handbook out now - free for all

Post by Randall » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:21 pm

Hi all

The Alternative Handbook is now available for free - if you haven't come across it before, each year the Pre-Qualification Group (of the DCP, BPS) survey trainees from all of the courses for an independent and anonymous look at the courses.

Take a peek: https://www.bps.org.uk/system/files/use ... 7%20v4.pdf

benbrand

Re: Alternative Handbook out now - free for all

Post by benbrand » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:40 pm

Thank you for sharing!

ImaginePsych

Post by ImaginePsych » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:52 pm

Thanks for this! Slightly confused though; I suspect there have been misprints. Reading Newcastles entry , it keeps making reference to Plymouth, and the information is exactly the same as Plymouths entry. At a slight loss as to where Newcastle is...

Randall

Post by Randall » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:24 pm

ImaginePsych wrote:Thanks for this! Slightly confused though; I suspect there have been misprints. Reading Newcastles entry , it keeps making reference to Plymouth, and the information is exactly the same as Plymouths entry. At a slight loss as to where Newcastle is...

Really?! I'll follow this up - thanks! :shock:

sarahg

Post by sarahg » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:50 pm

I may be wrong, but isn't that Trent course a Nottingham University/Lincoln university joint collaboration? Ie at the moment it says it's based at Nottingham Trent University.

Toria

Post by Toria » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:17 pm

sarahg wrote:I may be wrong, but isn't that Trent course a Nottingham University/Lincoln university joint collaboration? Ie at the moment it says it's based at Nottingham Trent University.
Yes, you're right Sarah, the Trent course is at the Universities of Nottingham and Lincoln, not at Nottingham Trent University.
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf - Jon Kabat-Zinn