hours worked on application

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Syd2816

hours worked on application

Post by Syd2816 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:28 pm

Hi all

quick question -

I was working in research initially full time, then changed my hours to part time to start a new AP job. After 4 months I went full time in the AP job, leaving the research job. Any idea on the best way to list this on my application? I had listed these as 4 separate jobs, but my supervisor said this was a bit confusing. I don't want to lie and overestimate the hours ive worked as an AP but would this matter if I listed the AP job as full time from the start?

Thanks! :)

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
maven
Site Admin

Re: hours worked on application

Post by maven » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:18 am

You need to work it out so the total hours is accurate. To claim it was full time from the start is a lie. For example, if you worked 3 days for 6 month and then 5 days for six months you'd put 4 days for 12 months on the form.
Maven.

Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something - Plato
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - Shakespeare

Sangreal

Re: hours worked on application

Post by Sangreal » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:54 pm

Not sure what the form looks like in it's current iteration, but could they not just list them separately, rather than having to combine them and work out the hours?

For example, in my mind, you could list "one job" that changed over time as 3 distinct employment contracts (as the contract would have changed if the hours changed??):
- 6 months at 2 days a week
- 9 months full time (maternity cover)
- 5.5 months at 4 days a week (maybe as a bit more funding was found[!!!!!]).

Then in any comments section noting that it was the same, but changing role/post...

Surely this is more representative to do the above than condensing it all to 20.5 months at 4.1 days a week (not the right number, I can't be bothered to do the maths)?? Or is that not possible in the current form?

I know it's too late for this round, but maybe useful for future applicants...
Worrying is like a rocking chair - it gives you something to do, but ultimately gets you nowhere.