Surrey / Salomons Exam

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
AnonymousPerson
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:20 pm

Re: Surrey / Salomons Exam

Post by AnonymousPerson » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:04 pm

Same!

The suggestions above really helped ^. What I'm wondering is do we need to cover statistical tests such as MANOVA and ANCOVA?

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
ShivaniPatel
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:42 pm

Re: Surrey / Salomons Exam

Post by ShivaniPatel » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:32 pm

Does anyone know when we get the score from the online test?

s0fia
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:26 am

Re: Surrey / Salomons Exam

Post by s0fia » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:24 am

Hi All..

Doing the online test today.. still scared to click the link, can anyone give me some more information about

What it actually involves?

What is the format?

How long is the test?

Cannot find any information anywhere :!:

Also if anyone wants to go over the 2016 past paper, I am happy to do so!!

Thaanks :D 8)

London
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:03 pm

Re: Surrey / Salomons Exam

Post by London » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:32 am

Hey,
Only just got signed up as a member so missed the live chat about the Surrey/Solomons exam past paper! I don't suppose anyone could send me the transcript?
Would be massively appreciated :)

DanJJJJJJ
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:46 pm

Re: Surrey / Salomons Exam

Post by DanJJJJJJ » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:33 am

s0fia wrote:Hi All..

Doing the online test today.. still scared to click the link, can anyone give me some more information about

What it actually involves?

What is the format?

How long is the test?

Cannot find any information anywhere :!:

Also if anyone wants to go over the 2016 past paper, I am happy to do so!!

Thaanks :D 8)
Hi Sophia, I did it a couple of days ago and had not idea what was going to be within! It's basically a set of moral and ethical dilemmas with a series of possible responses that you have to rank in terms of what you SHOULD do or do first. There is a practice question. I don't think you can really prepare for it that much IMO, just go for it.

My impression was that in a lot of scenarios there is no absolutely correct or incorrect order although some responses are clearly more or less appropriate. My hunch is that there is some psychometric testing embedded in the test in terms of morals etc.

Good luck!

s0fia
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:26 am

Re: Surrey / Salomons Exam

Post by s0fia » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:45 am

DanJJJJJJ wrote:
s0fia wrote:Hi All..

Doing the online test today.. still scared to click the link, can anyone give me some more information about

What it actually involves?

What is the format?

How long is the test?

Cannot find any information anywhere :!:

Also if anyone wants to go over the 2016 past paper, I am happy to do so!!

Thaanks :D 8)
Hi Sophia, I did it a couple of days ago and had not idea what was going to be within! It's basically a set of moral and ethical dilemmas with a series of possible responses that you have to rank in terms of what you SHOULD do or do first. There is a practice question. I don't think you can really prepare for it that much IMO, just go for it.

My impression was that in a lot of scenarios there is no absolutely correct or incorrect order although some responses are clearly more or less appropriate. My hunch is that there is some psychometric testing embedded in the test in terms of morals etc.

Good luck!
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!! I have been looking over the NHS values... but not sure how they will come up in the questions. I guess I will find out today! I think you are right about just going for it... and not to overthink it too much!

It will be really interesting to see the score from these tests... hopefully they will give us our individual marks??

s0fia
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:26 am

Re: Surrey / Salomons Exam

Post by s0fia » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:47 am

London wrote:Hey,
Only just got signed up as a member so missed the live chat about the Surrey/Solomons exam past paper! I don't suppose anyone could send me the transcript?
Would be massively appreciated :)
Yes please if there is a transcript that would be fantastic!?

Or if anyone wants to go over it at some point today? or could just post our answers here and then compare?

DanJJJJJJ
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:46 pm

Re: Surrey / Salomons Exam

Post by DanJJJJJJ » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:49 am

s0fia wrote:
DanJJJJJJ wrote:
s0fia wrote:Hi All..

Doing the online test today.. still scared to click the link, can anyone give me some more information about

What it actually involves?

What is the format?

How long is the test?

Cannot find any information anywhere :!:

Also if anyone wants to go over the 2016 past paper, I am happy to do so!!

Thaanks :D 8)
Hi Sophia, I did it a couple of days ago and had not idea what was going to be within! It's basically a set of moral and ethical dilemmas with a series of possible responses that you have to rank in terms of what you SHOULD do or do first. There is a practice question. I don't think you can really prepare for it that much IMO, just go for it.

My impression was that in a lot of scenarios there is no absolutely correct or incorrect order although some responses are clearly more or less appropriate. My hunch is that there is some psychometric testing embedded in the test in terms of morals etc.

Good luck!
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!! I have been looking over the NHS values... but not sure how they will come up in the questions. I guess I will find out today! I think you are right about just going for it... and not to overthink it too much!

It will be really interesting to see the score from these tests... hopefully they will give us our individual marks??
I doubt we will get individual scores. Looking at NHS values and some basic ethics research would help I guess. Depends how experienced you are as well, I've got a lot of experience in the settings they describe so it all felt fairly intuitive. If you don't have much hands on experience doing some research on accountability, governance etc would be useful. Good luck today and tomorrow.

s0fia
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:26 am

Re: Surrey / Salomons Exam

Post by s0fia » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:38 pm

DanJJJJJJ wrote:
s0fia wrote:
DanJJJJJJ wrote:
Hi Sophia, I did it a couple of days ago and had not idea what was going to be within! It's basically a set of moral and ethical dilemmas with a series of possible responses that you have to rank in terms of what you SHOULD do or do first. There is a practice question. I don't think you can really prepare for it that much IMO, just go for it.

My impression was that in a lot of scenarios there is no absolutely correct or incorrect order although some responses are clearly more or less appropriate. My hunch is that there is some psychometric testing embedded in the test in terms of morals etc.

Good luck!
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!! I have been looking over the NHS values... but not sure how they will come up in the questions. I guess I will find out today! I think you are right about just going for it... and not to overthink it too much!

It will be really interesting to see the score from these tests... hopefully they will give us our individual marks??
I doubt we will get individual scores. Looking at NHS values and some basic ethics research would help I guess. Depends how experienced you are as well, I've got a lot of experience in the settings they describe so it all felt fairly intuitive. If you don't have much hands on experience doing some research on accountability, governance etc would be useful. Good luck today and tomorrow.
Don't understand why we can't get our individual scores! How many people do you think will be sitting the test?

Done the online test now and I think it went really well! You were right, the answers just came naturally! :D

Can't wait for this time tomorrow and it's all over!!

DanJJJJJJ
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:46 pm

Re: Surrey / Salomons Exam

Post by DanJJJJJJ » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:37 am

Well that was interesting. Don't think I did too bad. Cant say too much on here I guess due to "the rules" but what were others experiences?

AnonymousPerson
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:20 pm

Re: Surrey / Salomons Exam

Post by AnonymousPerson » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:33 am

I found that it was really hard most questions! :(

Psychology2014
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:58 pm

Re: Surrey / Salomons Exam

Post by Psychology2014 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:12 am

Just wondering if anyone has heard back from Surrey regarding results of the MCQ test?

DanJJJJJJ
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:46 pm

Re: Surrey / Salomons Exam

Post by DanJJJJJJ » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:32 pm

Psychology2014 wrote:Just wondering if anyone has heard back from Surrey regarding results of the MCQ test?
Don't think we will get marks for it. All you need to know really is whether you got an interview or not to determine how you got on.

Psychology2014
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:58 pm

Re: Surrey / Salomons Exam

Post by Psychology2014 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:47 pm

So have people started to hear back regarding whether they've got an interview or not?

DanJJJJJJ
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:46 pm

Re: Surrey / Salomons Exam

Post by DanJJJJJJ » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:50 pm

Psychology2014 wrote:So have people started to hear back regarding whether they've got an interview or not?

Yes, if you look at the progress thread people have both heard back either if they got an interview or if they did not. I heard back by email on the 21st Feb.

Maybe check your email junk folder?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests