Verbal and numerical reasoning tests

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
clinpsymember

Re: Verbal and numerical reasoning tests

Post by clinpsymember » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:12 pm

I just got this error message too now: "Oops… our servers have encountered an error.
We apologize for the interruption to your work. We are notified of every such occurrence and we take these problems seriously."

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
FunkyB

Post by FunkyB » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:54 pm

clinpsymember wrote:Thanks FunkyB, glad (in a way!) to hear it's not just me, although very frustrating too. I've had no luck, really want to get it done today as I'm working tomorrow. I do understand that it should not be left to the last minute, but what with some of the other unis doing a later window, I wanted to try and maximise the amount of time to practice - also did not help that the page was doing updates all of Saturday afternoon/evening, when I was planning to do it
Yeah I know what you mean. In a perfect world it would have been great to have done it sooner, but realistically, given the practice that I needed, along with wanting to do it when 'at my best' (which is not after a day in work!) I felt that Saturday afternoon was my time. Which, being the queen of last minute, actually seemed plenty of time before the deadline for me -I'm sure I'll learn one day!
clinpsymember wrote:I just got this error message too now: "Oops… our servers have encountered an error.
We apologize for the interruption to your work. We are notified of every such occurrence and we take these problems seriously."
This is what I've been met with all afternoon!

clinpsymember

Post by clinpsymember » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:00 pm

FunkyB wrote:
clinpsymember wrote:Thanks FunkyB, glad (in a way!) to hear it's not just me, although very frustrating too. I've had no luck, really want to get it done today as I'm working tomorrow. I do understand that it should not be left to the last minute, but what with some of the other unis doing a later window, I wanted to try and maximise the amount of time to practice - also did not help that the page was doing updates all of Saturday afternoon/evening, when I was planning to do it
Yeah I know what you mean. In a perfect world it would have been great to have done it sooner, but realistically, given the practice that I needed, along with wanting to do it when 'at my best' (which is not after a day in work!) I felt that Saturday afternoon was my time. Which, being the queen of last minute, actually seemed plenty of time before the deadline for me -I'm sure I'll learn one day!
clinpsymember wrote:I just got this error message too now: "Oops… our servers have encountered an error.
This is what I've been met with all afternoon!
Yes exactly, that was the same as I had planned! I also did not want to do it while tired after work, but doing it last weekend would have meant a whole week less practice. Are you just continuing to try and load it this evening? I feel like we should be trying to work something out, as leaving it to tomorrow evening after work seems very last minute, but I am also not sure what else we can do if it does not get sorted any time soon (Can you tell I am getting stressed out?? Haha)

FunkyB

Post by FunkyB » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:09 pm

clinpsymember wrote:Yes exactly, that was the same as I had planned! I also did not want to do it while tired after work, but doing it last weekend would have meant a whole week less practice. Are you just continuing to try and load it this evening? I feel like we should be trying to work something out, as leaving it to tomorrow evening after work seems very last minute, but I am also not sure what else we can do if it does not get sorted any time soon (Can you tell I am getting stressed out?? Haha)
Well I tried to look into tech support, but as far as I can see the offices wont be manned until tomorrow morning. I'm not very good with technology, so I have no guess as to whether its due to high traffic (which was my initial assumption), or whether its something that they need to fix with the site. I was hoping that it was the former and if I waited long enough that it would resolve itself, but as time goes by I'm starting to wonder if it is more than that!

Unfortunately I dont know what we can do, though I am trying to limit myself to one or two re-attempts an hour, because its sending my anxiety through the roof sitting watching the loading screen!

FunkyB

Post by FunkyB » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:37 pm

Hey everyone, it may be worth trying now if you fancy it - I just got on :)

clinpsymember

Post by clinpsymember » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:40 pm

Yay, I just got in too! Best give it a go... :shock:

FunkyB

Post by FunkyB » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:43 pm

Everything crossed for you!

stephenkingfan

Post by stephenkingfan » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:52 pm

Good luck both. The site is loading for me too :)

clinpsymember

Post by clinpsymember » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:35 pm

Hope it went well for you both! I had done my verbal one yesterday and felt that had gone alright actually, but I found the numerical one really hard (as I knew I would), and I don't think I did very well in that one at all....

FunkyB

Post by FunkyB » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:39 am

Try not to worry too much, as has been said before everyone finds it difficult as it changes adaptively so you never know! Personally, I think I did okay for me, but based on practice tests I've done before I know that my numerical reasoning skills are below par, so I won't be holding my breath! I don't think you get any feedback though, which is a shame because I'm curious to know whether I've improved at all haha. Gonna put this in a box and move on now!!

Seemar

Post by Seemar » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:27 pm

Did it there, absolutely horrible experience. I know I'm verbally strong and numerically rather weak, but even the verbal test felt awful. Ugh. Still, at least it's done.
Well done too all who can do well in those tests. I tip my hat to you.