Birmingham Written Test

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
gigi

Birmingham Written Test

Post by gigi » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:53 am

Hi
I am awaiting an email which will tell me whether I will be chosen for the First selection of Birmingham; therefore to do the written test.
I am from Malta and am so worried I won't be prepared.
Any advice on how the test should be like?

Thank you for reading and your help!!

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Kulit02

Re: Birmingham Written Test

Post by Kulit02 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:43 pm

The past papers for the test are in the Birmingham website under entry requirements :) I'm waiting for their email too :D

gigi

Post by gigi » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:57 pm

Did anyone receive an answer on being accepted to take the test at Birmingham ?

nhycheung

Post by nhycheung » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:41 am

I haven't heard anything from Birmingham yet either, gigi. Hope that helps reassure you! No news is good news at this stage!

GMT

Post by GMT » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:35 pm

Everyone who meets the minimum criteria for Birmingham gets to do their selection test. I know I meet minimum criteria as I've had an interview with them previously, and they haven't sent me anything yet. Try not to worry too much
“What is to give light must endure burning.” - Dr. Viktor Frankl

aakl

Post by aakl » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:38 pm

Hi All,

I have just received an email from B'ham uni with login details for their exam portal, which I am assuming is for the written test? Not sure if this is what they have done in previous years or not...the email gives no explanation it literally just says "Here are your login details for the exam portal..."
When in doubt...PIZZA

kathrynjane

Post by kathrynjane » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:48 pm

aakl wrote:Hi All,

I have just received an email from B'ham uni with login details for their exam portal, which I am assuming is for the written test? Not sure if this is what they have done in previous years or not...the email gives no explanation it literally just says "Here are your login details for the exam portal..."

I have also received this email, but there's nothing there when I log in....

ChrisCross

Post by ChrisCross » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:40 pm

kathrynjane wrote:
aakl wrote:Hi All,

I have also received this email, but there's nothing there when I log in....
Same here. At the moment it just says "you have no exams available or scheduled."

I did receive a previous email outlining that the test will take place on either the 11th or 18th of Feb and that we would be randomly allocated to a date by their system. Maybe they haven't updated the portal properly yet?

gigi

Post by gigi » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:20 pm

Yes I received that of to login to my account and there are no exam dates yet.

MsChoudhury

Post by MsChoudhury » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:47 pm

Same here, recieved login details, maybe we'll be using this for the actual assessment on the day.

Good luck everyone! :lol:

Kay

Post by Kay » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:24 pm

They've updated the details now so everyone should have their screening test date x

AmyJay1992

Post by AmyJay1992 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:35 pm

Received the details today! Woohoo!
Pooping myself though, this is my first year applying.
I know everyone get an interview who meets the criteria, but still it's terrifying.
Going to look on their website for past papers and guidance.
Any advice? :)

NE1

Post by NE1 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:32 pm

Hello :) - first time poster as this is my first year applying, but just wondering if anyone knows anything more than the information we have been given about the test? Their email implies you complete the test on a computer - is this correct? Does anyone know what, if anything, you are allowed to take into the test? Thanks!

gigi

Post by gigi » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:48 pm

Mine is on the 11 th less than a week :D
Good luck to all.
If anyone know how the test is going to be, like I saw the past papers however do we answer them in essay form or say number 1 etc ??? As it states to clearly indicate which question number you are answering!! >.< Revising at the moment haha :D

stephanie

Post by stephanie » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:53 pm

Hi guys... i havent been sent the interview dates yet, did you get these via email?