Birmingham Written Test

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Post Reply
sai
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:45 pm

Re: Birmingham Written Test

Post by sai » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:42 pm

YvetteMar wrote:Hello would anyone be kind enough to post the links to the live chats that have already happened? I am unable to make tonight as well as I am working until 8

I think this would be really useful If anyone can share this.

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
User avatar
reishi
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:31 pm

Re: Birmingham Written Test

Post by reishi » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:54 pm

sai wrote:
YvetteMar wrote:Hello would anyone be kind enough to post the links to the live chats that have already happened? I am unable to make tonight as well as I am working until 8

I think this would be really useful If anyone can share this.
Agree :oops:
"Ever since psychoanalysis came up, everybody's ill more or less."

crissienl
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:45 pm

Re: Birmingham Written Test

Post by crissienl » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:25 pm

I received your message Saiqa!
Thank u so much!

User avatar
ell
Moderator
Posts: 2280
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Birmingham Written Test

Post by ell » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:06 am

Unless someone copied and pasted the conversation into a document and put it on some file sharing site, there are no links to be shared to access transcripts of the conversation. LiveChat doesn't save previous conversations.

crissienl
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:45 pm

Re: Birmingham Written Test

Post by crissienl » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:43 am

Hi Saiqa,
I wanted to contact you, but cannot find your name in the list..
Is it Sai..
I would like to discuss with you what came up during the live chat of yesterday's evening if possible..

Thank you in advance,
Cristina.

inbloom10
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:37 am

Re: Birmingham Written Test

Post by inbloom10 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:20 pm

I've managed to miss all of the group chats about the past papers! :cry: don't suppose anyone will want to do a last minute chat tomorrow afternoon / evening?

xx

MsChoudhury
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:23 pm

Re: Birmingham Written Test

Post by MsChoudhury » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:15 pm

inbloom10 wrote:I've managed to miss all of the group chats about the past papers! :cry: don't suppose anyone will want to do a last minute chat tomorrow afternoon / evening?

xx
YES ME! I've also missed all the discussions :-( I'm free today and tomorrow evening for discussion, is 6pm ok? :D

YvetteMar
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:55 pm

Re: Birmingham Written Test

Post by YvetteMar » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:16 am

ell wrote:Unless someone copied and pasted the conversation into a document and put it on some file sharing site, there are no links to be shared to access transcripts of the conversation. LiveChat doesn't save previous conversations.
Thanks for this information. I am assuming someone may have copied and pasted it as they may be using it to revise- please if anyone has it would be so great to share with your peers! Let us know :)

User avatar
ell
Moderator
Posts: 2280
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Birmingham Written Test

Post by ell » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:19 am

It's great to share info, but please consider that when people engage in, and contribute their thoughts and time to, discussions in LiveChat they may not want that to then be broadly disseminated. Of course, if people are happy with it then that's great, but I would encourage folks who weren't present to understand why they don't necessarily get given a transcript.

crissienl
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:45 pm

Re: Birmingham Written Test

Post by crissienl » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:33 am

Does anybody know what kind of statistical tests were on the last written test?.. or any suspicion about it?.. T-test, anova, two-way anova?... :roll:

inbloom10
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:37 am

Re: Birmingham Written Test

Post by inbloom10 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:35 am

MsChoudhury wrote:
inbloom10 wrote:I've managed to miss all of the group chats about the past papers! :cry: don't suppose anyone will want to do a last minute chat tomorrow afternoon / evening?

xx
YES ME! I've also missed all the discussions :-( I'm free today and tomorrow evening for discussion, is 6pm ok? :D
6pm tonight is good with me if you're still available! I don't know how much help I'll be as it's my first time applying, but hopefully we can help each other :)

psychmusing2704
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:41 pm

Re: Birmingham Written Test

Post by psychmusing2704 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:12 pm

inbloom10 wrote:
MsChoudhury wrote:
inbloom10 wrote:I've managed to miss all of the group chats about the past papers! :cry: don't suppose anyone will want to do a last minute chat tomorrow afternoon / evening?

xx
YES ME! I've also missed all the discussions :-( I'm free today and tomorrow evening for discussion, is 6pm ok? :D
6pm tonight is good with me if you're still available! I don't know how much help I'll be as it's my first time applying, but hopefully we can help each other :)
Hey I am available at 6pm also if you guys are still up for revision. I have been looking at the 2015 and 2016 papers on the bham Uni website. :)

MsChoudhury
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:23 pm

Re: Birmingham Written Test

Post by MsChoudhury » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:13 pm

:D that's fine see you (and whoever else is available!) on the chat tonight, 6pm, try and go over the past paper questions on Bham website under 'Entry Requirements'

http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/postgraduat ... DetailsTab

And we can discuss each others answers tonight :bom: that should be a good start :lol:

sai
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:45 pm

Re: Birmingham Written Test

Post by sai » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:15 pm

crissienl wrote:Does anybody know what kind of statistical tests were on the last written test?.. or any suspicion about it?.. T-test, anova, two-way anova?... :roll:

Last year the paper was about a two-way anova

http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/Documents/c ... l-2016.pdf

crissienl
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:45 pm

Re: Birmingham Written Test

Post by crissienl » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:01 pm

..so, what were your impressions about the test..?
i had nevr expected a Chi squared..! :|

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests