Birmingham Written Test

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
NE1

Re: Birmingham Written Test

Post by NE1 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:42 am

I also got caught up elsewhere on Monday evening and missed the live chat.

Can I ask which year's paper you will be discussing tomorrow evening?

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
AryaStark

Post by AryaStark » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:45 pm

We will be looking at the 2016 paper and have all said that we will have a look at it beforehand and come to the chat with some ideas :D
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
-Max Ehrmann,"Desiderata"

Esuma

Post by Esuma » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:06 am

I’ve just realised I’m not going to be able to make the live chat - would anyone mind sending it to me later? Happy to also somehow contribute my thoughts!

kazzie89

Post by kazzie89 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:33 pm

Hi everyone,

I literally got my test invite today at work and have been given the test date as Saturday...yes 1 day and 20 hours....but who's counting right :shock: :shock: :shock:

Would I be able to join the live chat later on and how does that work?

Many thanks!
"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered" - Tom Stoppard

AryaStark

Post by AryaStark » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:44 pm

Ah sorry to hear that Kazzie hope we can help! Just click the livechat button at the top around 7.30 and join us.
Esuma- I'm hoping to be there for all of it but not sure yet- if I am I could try to send it to you. I'll let you know!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
-Max Ehrmann,"Desiderata"

Mermind

Post by Mermind » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:21 pm

Hi guys, I prepared with the paper to join on live chat this evening, but annoyingly, something family-wise came up and I'm gutted I can't make the chat :( I am still out, but I tried to log on a few minutes ago and it just kept freezing on my mobile. Would anyone be able to send me the chat later? I would be forever grateful! K x

kazzie89

Post by kazzie89 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:17 pm

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if people sitting the test on Saturday 17th Feb wanted to have a last group revision session on Friday night? I myself will be travelling to Birmingham after work so a safe time for me would probably half 8? If you are interested I will be in the group chat (unless I get held up in traffic).

Would people like to go over the 2015 paper?

Hope to see you there!
"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered" - Tom Stoppard

BobbyG

Post by BobbyG » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:32 am

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ychology_3

Just in case you guys don't have this already, the above link is for the 2014 test with marking scheme.

Good Luck

Jenjo2804

Post by Jenjo2804 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:01 pm

Hi all!

First time being shortlisted for Birmingham and have only just seen this thread. Anyone still interested in doing a Live Chat? My test isn't until next Saturday (24th) so I figured there will be a few of us still panicking about not touching stats for years.

Good luck to you all :lol:

Esuma

Post by Esuma » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:28 pm

Thank you for the 2014 paper that’s amazing! My test isn’t until next weekend too, if anyone has last night’s live chat that would be amazing. Currently trying to force all stats back into my brain with minimal success, also happy to do another live chat on the 2016 paper if there’s enough interest :)

louisely2

Post by louisely2 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:30 pm

I am sitting the test next weekend too! So i'd be happy to go through a paper at some point.

:D

morningbreeze

Post by morningbreeze » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:44 pm

My test is next weekend too. Sadly I missed the live-chats. I would love to go through the papers with you guys. :D :D

cros408

Post by cros408 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:22 pm

Anyone around tonight for chat?

hjj

Post by hjj » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:46 am

Hi,
I am also sitting the test next Saturday and have missed the previous live chats. Would be keen to join and go over the papers. Im free most evenings next week. Hope we can set up another live chat.

hjj

Post by hjj » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:21 pm

Hi,

Is anyone free tomorrow (Mon 19th) at 7pm? Was wondering if there was a group of us who would like to discuss the past papers on live chat?
Thanks, Hannah