Heard anything from Trent/Sheffield/Leeds?

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
AmyJay1992

Heard anything from Trent/Sheffield/Leeds?

Post by AmyJay1992 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:41 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has heard back from Trent, Sheffield or Leeds?

This is my first year if applying and I'm getting anxious as I've heard nothing!

Heard back from UoB and I'm setting the exam on 11th!

Good luck everyone! :)

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
emma2017

Re: Heard anything from Trent/Sheffield/Leeds?

Post by emma2017 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:21 pm

Sheffield and Leeds on my list. Not heard anything yet either. Also first time applying. Its an anxious wait after all that work on the application isn't it?! Best of luck with your exam and everything else they throw at you!

astra

Post by astra » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:20 pm

Sheffield and Leeds tend to interview quite late in the process and I know Leeds are usually still shortlisting at this point. You'll definitely know in time for your interview, if you have one or not.
From the point of view of mindfulness, as long as you're breathing there's more right with you than wrong with you. Jon Kabat-Zinn

clinpsymember

Post by clinpsymember » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:46 pm

Hi AmyJay,

Most of the unis without selection tests will wait until March time to let people know in my experience, as the deadline for letting us know about interviews is Mid March. I would definitely not get anxious yet!

AmyJay1992

Post by AmyJay1992 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:22 am

Thank you to all who have responded! :)

Yes it is definitely an anxious wait!
Thank you Emma 2017, the same to you to!
I've heard the Birmingham exam is very difficult, so I don't have high hopes!
I hope it goes well for you to fellow first timer!
Where have you applied? :)

Thank you astra, I was worrying. My family are constantly asking me to! They know it's my first time applying and are are more enthusiastic than me I think :lol:
They don't understand much about the process and I think they assume I'll get straight on so 'cant wait to hear the good new' etc..
I can't complain at least they are supportive :)

Again thank you clinpsymember. Do Sheffield do a test? I will double check their website.
I'm sure Notts has a computerised test, but I don't expect to be successful this year with them. It's my local uni, but apparently sooo hard to get on there. :( :cry:
It's so hard not to get anxious when you're awaiting a response! Lol

Thanks for the responses guys! :)

emma2017

Post by emma2017 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:56 pm

Thank you AmyJay1992. Applied to Leeds Sheffield Lancaster and Leicester so will have some computerised tests coming up for latter 2 fingers crossed. I also have a very supportive family who don't understand....til I got my partner to sit a verbal reasoning test and he was like what??? :lol:
Mind you he actually thinks paranormal psychology is a thing and I could totally set up a Ghostbuters HQ. At least he keeps me smiling!
Hope all goes well for you. :)

Constructionist87

Post by Constructionist87 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:26 am

Trent have released their pre-selection tests yesterday :)