Surrey/Salomons Selection Test

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
blackcat22

Surrey/Salomons Selection Test

Post by blackcat22 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:02 pm

Hi all,

I have been lucky enough to have been shortlisted by both Surrey and Salomons to sit the selection test next weekend. In the letter, it says:

This test involves a series of multiple choice questions designed to examine applicants’ knowledge of and ability to think critically about ethical issues and aspects of research design, analysis and interpretation that may be used by applied psychologists to investigate practice - based healthcare questions. The test draws on research design, data interpretation
and ethical considerations that psychology graduates can be expected to possess.

It also states: Copies of previous tests are available on our webpages. Note that these are not necessarily in the same format as the test you will sit.

In previous years one part of the test is often to write an abstract based on a study provided. I am now wondering if this is not the case this year, as it explicitly states it will be multiple choice? I know that no one will have a certain answer for this but just wondering what people think! I want to focus my revision as much as possible due to the test only being one week away.

I look forward to your thoughts :)

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Elladenuevo

Re: Surrey/Salomons Selection Test

Post by Elladenuevo » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:52 am

I noticed this, as well. I think they might still include a study but have multiple-choice questions related to it. This is just my opinion. I am revising as I would have done for any of the past formats because the knowledge they are looking to evaluate would be the same, isn't it? Maybe still keep in mind the format of a good abstract, just in case :) anybody else have any thoughts?