The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Thomson94

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Post by Thomson94 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:36 pm

Good luck everyone!

Edinburgh
Glasgow
Manchester
Teesside

Queen's University Belfast

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
sparkling

Post by sparkling » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:48 pm

Fourth time mature/career change applicant:

Surrey
UCL
UEL
Royal Holloway

sillydoge

Post by sillydoge » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:08 pm

Salomons
Surrey
UEA

Glasgow

Excited for this, but very nervous and not looking forward to another (?) written test at Surrey! was not quite clear in the email what that entails I think!

RosieM

Post by RosieM » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:19 pm

IoPPN
KCL
Salomons
Surrey

Err, another written test for Surrey? I just about survived the last one! Sounds a bit like the abstract tast they usually do but presumably it isn't...The email isn't too specific about the content.

SuzC

Post by SuzC » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:32 pm

Salomons
Surrey
Hertfordshire
Southampton

Anyone know, historically, how much the Surrey reserve list has moved? My recollection is that it's not likely to be much, as they are one of the first to interview. Can anyone confirm that my recollection is correct?

Hopeful

Post by Hopeful » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:35 pm

Surrery dont interview until end of April so plenty of time for reserve list to move :)

Hopeful

Post by Hopeful » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:37 pm

Has anyone actually got through to Bangor for feedback on their application today?

Hopeful

Post by Hopeful » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:38 pm

SuzC wrote:Salomons
Surrey
Hertfordshire
Southampton

Anyone know, historically, how much the Surrey reserve list has moved? My recollection is that it's not likely to be much, as they are one of the first to interview. Can anyone confirm that my recollection is correct?
Surrery dont interview until end of April so plenty of time for reserve list to move :)

Chachar

Post by Chachar » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:55 pm

Hopeful wrote:Has anyone actually got through to Bangor for feedback on their application today?
Yes I did eventually, it took loads of tries but definitely worth it! Hope you get through :)

collo16

Post by collo16 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:05 pm

Surrey
Hertfordshire
Southampton

Hi there, were you told in your e-mail your reserve number or just that you are on reserve list? I am confused by mine!

SuzC

Post by SuzC » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:12 pm

collo16 wrote:
Surrey
Hertfordshire
Southampton

Hi there, were you told in your e-mail your reserve number or just that you are on reserve list? I am confused by mine!

I am trying to clarify this right now. The email I received says something to the affect of "we are not offering you an interview, but there is a list so we might contact you in future." I emailed to clarify this and ask how long the list is, to be told that I am not on the list. I am reading and rereading the emails, but does seem very confusing to me.

dk00112

Post by dk00112 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:25 pm

Second time applying...

Essex
Surrey --> Could not believe this when I saw the email this morning; the test was so hard!! :shock:
UCL
Royal Holloway

Best of luck to everyone :)

RebeccaIsabel

Post by RebeccaIsabel » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:42 pm

Good luck all!!

EXETER
IoPPN
SURREY (Eeee :D combination of very pleasantly surprised this morning and already very nervous for the interview! Another test?!)
UCL

SuzC

Post by SuzC » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:46 pm

Surrey
Salomons

Hertfordshire
Southampton

For those that were unsure by the email -it would appear that it was confusingly worded (at least to me). I read "so we may contact you at a later stage if an interview place becomes available" to mean that I was on the reserve list. However this is not the case. Sorry to anyone that might have got their hopes up following my post.

Curtisgibbins

Post by Curtisgibbins » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:38 pm

Hopeful wrote:Has anyone actually got through to Bangor for feedback on their application today?
I managed to get through to Bangor after trying for hours! Definitely worth it though. A little bittersweet to hear that my application was solid but that there were several "bigger fish" with PHD's applying this year and a 30% increase in applications compared to last year. Seeing as I definitely don't intend on doing a PHD, I don't know if that means I should try applying to Bangor again in the future or whether I'd be wasting an application. Is it anyone else's experience that a lot of Universities place an emphasis on having a PHD now?? :?

My latest update is:

Bangor
Salomons
Bath
Cardiff

Also - congrats Sillydoge! Told you! :D