The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Mikel Arteta

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Post by Mikel Arteta » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:12 pm

Randomswirls wrote:Thank you!

Good luck to all the greens, fingers crossed to all the ambers and commiserations to all the reds.
Woop woop!!! Well done Swirly! Super pleased for you! Cov is obviously the best course :D , but Liverpool is pretty decent also!! Thrilled for you and absolutely deserved. Must have been that time we spent in Liverpool that rubbed off on you ;) Let me know if you need any advice :)

For those not successful yet, hang in there. It took me several attempts and when I look back on earlier attempts, I'm glad I didn't get on, as otherwise I wouldn't have ended up training where I did, which was totally right for me. There tends to be a 'right fit' for most people. Keep going and I'm sure you'll get there. In the mean time you can keep developing and with more experience, it makes the doctorate that bit easier and gives you more chances to flourish and further develop after finishing, this has been my experience.
Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly, all your life
you were only waiting for this moment to arise
:)

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
BathLondonOxford1

Post by BathLondonOxford1 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:58 am

First time applicant - very happy with my lot but not very hopeful for a place!

Bath
IoPPN
UEA
UCL

ChrisMcC

Post by ChrisMcC » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:20 am

Update:

Oxford --> rejected
UCL
Glasgow
RHUL

Obviously disappointed about Oxford but at least I have some more interviews coming up. Good luck to all those waiting to hear back from Oxford (especially those in the Wednesday PM group).

JFox

Post by JFox » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:32 am

ChrisMcC wrote:Update:

Oxford --> rejected
UCL
Glasgow
RHUL

Obviously disappointed about Oxford but at least I have some more interviews coming up. Good luck to all those waiting to hear back from Oxford (especially those in the Wednesday PM group).
Sorry to hear that ChrisMcC, best of luck with your other interviews, very well done on your 4 greens!

I was wondering how you heard from Oxford? I interviewed on Tuesday and I am eager to hear back haha.
If at first you don't succeed, try two more times so that your failure is statistically significant!

kathrynjane

Post by kathrynjane » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:06 pm

Coventry have provided feedback in the post. Slightly makes up for the fact the initial rejection came through on Clearing House rather than email/letter!

The feedback is only in the form of a tick box in areas they think you could improve, but still a lot more than most places offer before interview.

JFox

Post by JFox » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:48 pm

Oxford-->Oxford
UEA
Hertfordshire
Surrey

Bit gutted about Oxford as I was on their reserve list for a place last year and I felt this year's interview went better. Should hear back from uea soon too. Fingers crossed!
If at first you don't succeed, try two more times so that your failure is statistically significant!

JFox

Post by JFox » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:54 pm

Oxford-->Oxford
UEA--> UEA!
Hertfordshire
Surrey

Oh my goodness, Im still in shock. The email came through this afternoon :D :D :D

Holly85

Post by Holly85 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:05 pm

Well doe JFox what do you reckon made that one the successful interview for you? hope you are celebrating!!

Chachar

Post by Chachar » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:05 pm

JFox wrote:Oxford-->Oxford
UEA--> UEA!
Hertfordshire
Surrey

Oh my goodness, Im still in shock. The email came through this afternoon :D :D :D
Congratulations!! Amazing news! :D

reishi

Post by reishi » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:17 pm

JFox wrote:Oxford-->Oxford
UEA--> UEA!
Hertfordshire
Surrey

Congrats :D
"Ever since psychoanalysis came up, everybody's ill more or less."

JFox

Post by JFox » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:25 am

Thank you all, I am so happy! I will be cancelling my Surrey interview so someone else can get an interview :D
I think this year, I felt more ready to apply, and last years interviews really helped me to prepare for this years ones.

I felt that both my Oxford and UEA interviews went "OK", but I think the courses were both looking for something different, and I must have fit UEA's ethos more so than Oxfords. I also think that in my Oxford interview I rushed my answers and did not reflect enough on what they were asking and why. For UEA (the day after!) I feel I tried to focus more on relaxing, on being myself, being reflective, pausing before answering questions and trying to show my best.

Good luck everyone else on their upcoming interviews. I have everything crossed for you!

Chachar

Post by Chachar » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:36 pm

Manchester have emailed interview outcomes!

sillydoge

Post by sillydoge » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:45 pm

Salomons
Surrey

UEA --> UEA (unfortunately, they cannot tell you the number on the reserve list :( )
Glasgow

Celebrating a bit of success though very unsure what this means and hoping for a clear answer from the others. Does anyone have any ideas how long the UEA reserve list has been in previous years?

Good luck to everyone and well done JFox for securing the place :)

ClinPsyOo

Post by ClinPsyOo » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:27 pm

sillydoge wrote:Salomons
Surrey

UEA --> UEA (unfortunately, they cannot tell you the number on the reserve list :( )
Glasgow

Celebrating a bit of success though very unsure what this means and hoping for a clear answer from the others. Does anyone have any ideas how long the UEA reserve list has been in previous years?

Good luck to everyone and well done JFox for securing the place :)
Well done Sillylodge for the reserve place! Hopefully Salomons will let us know quick and will give us straightforward answers :) Fingers crossed!

nicolaannolive

Post by nicolaannolive » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:57 pm

Cant believe I am finally writing this but......

Lancaster
Leeds
Liverpool
MANCHESTER :shock: :D :shock:

Congratulations to all with places, and fingers crossed for those waiting to hear. For those who do not have places this year keep at it if it's right for you and it will work out