The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
nholt

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Post by nholt » Tue May 02, 2017 8:52 am

Over the moon to be going to Leeds in October! Congrats to all the blues and commiserations to the reds/browns - it can be such a heartbreaking process, hope everyone's being very kind to themselves.

For context, this is how it's gone for me through the years:

2015:
Way too early to apply, no paid AP experience
Manchester
Lancaster
Leeds
Sheffield

2016:
Working as an AP, PhD finished, but looking back now still definitely not ready
Manchester
Teesside
Sheffield --> Sheffield
Leeds --> Leeds

2017:
Manchester --> Manchester
Teesside --> Teesside (declined - keep your eye out if you're on their reserve this week!)
Leeds --> Leeds (accepted)
Liverpool (withdrawn)

Anybody else on here heading to Leeds this year?

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
mimik

Post by mimik » Tue May 02, 2017 9:43 pm

Newcastle --> Newcastle
Lancaster (waiting for interview)
oxford

Teesside --> Teesside --> OR SO I THOUGHT, they just emailed me today asking me to come back in for re-interview? Anyone else on the same boat? I had no idea it worked this way as i thought there was a reserve list! Anyone else have any experience with "re-interviews"??

:shock:

ogglebog

Post by ogglebog » Wed May 03, 2017 8:23 am

yes me!! I've been waiting to see if someone else had the same email. how bizarre!! when's yours? mines Friday 12th afternoon. trying to work out how many people they are re-inviewing.

ogglebog

Post by ogglebog » Wed May 03, 2017 8:24 am

someone I know who qualified last year said it's happened before. They've got through the list and reserve list and for some reason (people turning places down??) they have spaces. teesside is my first choice so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I have no idea what they're going to ask though!

Hockeygirl

Post by Hockeygirl » Wed May 03, 2017 8:50 am

ME!!! I'm half 9 on the Friday too.

I'm very confused by it all.

Bokbag87

Post by Bokbag87 » Wed May 03, 2017 9:13 am

Hi all, same for me Re:Teesside I have one at 12. I think if they are starting at 9 we can assume at least 8 are being interviewed. Does anyone know if there was actually a reserve list? I've not come across one person who was on the reserve list either on here or outside of the forum. Just wondering if we are actually the reserve list!! Very shocked but very happy for another go :)

kimi88

Post by kimi88 » Wed May 03, 2017 9:18 am

Rumor has it that they only offered 10 out of 14 slots initially. Now they are interviewing to fill the remaining. So there were no reserve list initially.

Bokbag87

Post by Bokbag87 » Wed May 03, 2017 9:23 am

That's very strange :S if they really did offer only 10 then there are at least 5 spaces because one person has definitely declined. But surely that means only 10 people who were interviewed met minimum criteria :S that's very strange but would explain no one being labelled as a reserve I guess

Hockeygirl

Post by Hockeygirl » Wed May 03, 2017 9:26 am

So there's 5 spaces and 8 interviews.....

Assuming they will form a reserve of the rest? As people will still be interviewing elsewhere!

Bokbag87

Post by Bokbag87 » Wed May 03, 2017 9:34 am

At least 8 interviews if they are starting at 9 through afternoon it is likely more than that I hope it's that many spaces though!

lakeland

Post by lakeland » Wed May 03, 2017 11:19 am

Wow Teesside really have a knack for doing things differently. This isn't the first time they've reinterviewed.

Out of interest, do we know if their proposed scheme took off where they were offering 6 places to undergrads who did an unpaid voluntary assistant year with the Trust? I googled but there's nothing I could quickly find, other than the thread I started on here.

Hockeygirl

Post by Hockeygirl » Wed May 03, 2017 11:26 am

lakeland wrote:Wow Teesside really have a knack for doing things differently. This isn't the first time they've reinterviewed.

Out of interest, do we know if their proposed scheme took off where they were offering 6 places to undergrads who did an unpaid voluntary assistant year with the Trust? I googled but there's nothing I could quickly find, other than the thread I started on here.

Not that I'm aware of, I work for TEWV and have never heard anything more about it.

keys

Post by keys » Wed May 03, 2017 12:07 pm

I feel so pleased that the journey to starting Clinical Psych training has finally ended (or just begun)! After 14 years, a Bachelors, a Masters, a PhD, 3 years of applications, and many part-time AP posts I am finally going to start the course I always wanted to attend! UCL here I come!

IOP
Exeter---- Exeter
UCL---- UCL!!
Liverpool---- will be cancelling the interview

For those who have been offered places congratulations! For those on the reserves lists, there will be two places opening up soon.

remotecontroller

Post by remotecontroller » Wed May 03, 2017 12:14 pm

Here's my lot for this year:

Herts -> Herts
UCL -> UCL
UEA -> UEA (accepted)
Essex -> Essex (declined)

So relieved I won't have to go through this process again. And hopefully good news for someone on the Essex reserve list! Good luck to everyone still interviewing/waiting to hear back!

GeekyMcGee

Post by GeekyMcGee » Wed May 03, 2017 12:53 pm

UEL
UCL --> UCL
Essex
IOP

5th time applying and only interview I've had. Absolutely thrilled and delighted to get an offer :D