The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Post Reply
puggins
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:42 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Post by puggins » Wed May 24, 2017 6:13 pm

Antigone wrote:Hello All,

First time applicant (mature age):

UCL
ESSEX

Plymouth> Withdrawn
Salomons> Salomons > Salomons

Currently dissociating but will soon be back to my senses.
Just out of interest did you interview with Plymouth or withdraw beforehand?

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
charlie27
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Post by charlie27 » Wed May 24, 2017 6:33 pm

I can't actually believe I'm posting this...

1st time applicant - didn't feel ready to apply until this year...

Birmingham
Coventry & Warwick
Cardiff - Cardiff - Cardiff
Exeter - Exeter - Exeter!!!!!!

Never in my life have I experienced so many emotions in one week. I was absolutely gutted (to say the least) when I got a no from Cardiff last week and today I've had the best news that I have a place in Exeter! If anyone else is on the Exeter course let me know - I can't wait to meet you all :)

Well done to everyone who applied this year, whether you got a place or not. This is such a hard process and I now truly believe that everything happens for a reason!

Just off to check I got the email right one last time!! :D AHHHH!

Jenfa
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 4:21 pm
Location: Staffordshire

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Post by Jenfa » Thu May 25, 2017 9:38 am

Hi everyone - first time posting :)

2016
MANCHESTER
EAST ANGLIA
LANCASTER
CARDIFF


2017
BANGOR
LEEDS

COV & WARWICK
STAFFORDSHIRE!


Well done to everyone else :D
Jenni

AlisonMac
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:53 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Post by AlisonMac » Thu May 25, 2017 1:15 pm

2016

South Wales
East Anglia - East Anglia
Plymouth - Plymouth
Lancaster - Lancaster

2017

Cardiff - Cardiff - WITHDRAWN
East London - East London - East London
Plymouth - Plymouth!!
Lancaster - WITHDRAWN

halice93
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Post by halice93 » Thu May 25, 2017 7:53 pm

2016
UEL
IoPPN
RHUL
Plymouth----->Plymouth (10th)

I applied solely based on location and threw in Plymouth as a wild card and ended up 10th on the reserve list, I knew it wasn't enough to get a place, but was really grateful for the experience.

2017
Exeter
IoPPN
Trent-----> Trent
Plymouth----->Plymouth (1st)

I am keen to hear of any movement on the Plymouth list, being 1st and having been in this position since the interviews (so no the list hasn't moved at all yet). Keeping everything crossed, but also trying to be realistic as the list didn't even move 1 place last year!!!

Flintstone1989
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Post by Flintstone1989 » Thu May 25, 2017 8:03 pm

charlie27 wrote:I can't actually believe I'm posting this...

1st time applicant - didn't feel ready to apply until this year...

Birmingham
Coventry & Warwick
Cardiff - Cardiff - Cardiff
Exeter - Exeter - Exeter!!!!!!

Never in my life have I experienced so many emotions in one week. I was absolutely gutted (to say the least) when I got a no from Cardiff last week and today I've had the best news that I have a place in Exeter! If anyone else is on the Exeter course let me know - I can't wait to meet you all :)

Well done to everyone who applied this year, whether you got a place or not. This is such a hard process and I now truly believe that everything happens for a reason!

Just off to check I got the email right one last time!! :D AHHHH!
Congrats! I was offered a reserve list place a few weeks ago - what a rollercoaster!! Can't wait to meet everyone. Enjoy the celebrations :)

User avatar
sweetpea
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:39 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Post by sweetpea » Fri May 26, 2017 1:44 pm

2nd time applicant...

IOPPN
Oxford > Oxford
UEL > UEL
RHUL > RHUL!!!! :shock:

^ RHUL by telephone about an hour ago. Literally couldn't be more thrilled! :D

Roz93
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:12 pm
Location: North-west

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Post by Roz93 » Fri May 26, 2017 1:49 pm

sweetpea wrote:2nd time applicant...

IOPPN
Oxford > Oxford
UEL > UEL
RHUL > RHUL!!!! :shock:

^ RHUL by telephone about an hour ago. Literally couldn't be more thrilled! :D
Congrats sweetpea!! bet you can't wait :D

Just wondering - was this from a reserve list or have RHUL just released offers to everyone?
"Imagine others complexly" - John Green.

User avatar
sweetpea
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:39 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Post by sweetpea » Fri May 26, 2017 2:04 pm

^ They're just releasing offers today, as interviews only finished yesterday. :)

lemondrizzle
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Post by lemondrizzle » Fri May 26, 2017 2:41 pm

Super excited to announce:

UCL
UEL
IOP

Royal Holloway --> Royal Holloway

First time application, first interview :D

Contrarian
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:13 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Post by Contrarian » Fri May 26, 2017 4:28 pm

UCL
UEL
IOPPN
Royal Holloway

AnsweringBell
Posts: 470
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:01 am

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Post by AnsweringBell » Fri May 26, 2017 4:35 pm

Contrarian wrote:UCL
UEL
IOPPN
Royal Holloway

CON!!!!!!!! You beauty!!!! CONGRATULATIONS

So, so, so happy for you and Random in particular. Been rooting for you guys this year :) Knew you both were ready and had it in you!!!

lakeland
Posts: 924
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:18 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Post by lakeland » Fri May 26, 2017 4:52 pm

AnsweringBell wrote:
Contrarian wrote:UCL
UEL
IOPPN
Royal Holloway

CON!!!!!!!! You beauty!!!! CONGRATULATIONS

So, so, so happy for you and Random in particular. Been rooting for you guys this year :) Knew you both were ready and had it in you!!!
I second this. You absolutely deserve it!

Percy
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 3:08 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Post by Percy » Fri May 26, 2017 5:31 pm

If we haven't heard by now for Royal Holloway I'm assuming its a no...?

Randomswirls
Team Member
Posts: 504
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:21 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Post by Randomswirls » Fri May 26, 2017 5:33 pm

Yayyyyyy con, lemon drizzle and sweet pea!!!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest