Oxford DClinPsy group task

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
AnonymousPerson

Oxford DClinPsy group task

Post by AnonymousPerson » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:34 pm

Hello,

I have been wondering how to prepare for the group task at the Oxford. I am aware of a generic group task thread that was quite helpful but I'm wondering if there is anyone who has been to the one in Oxford and was able to provide more specific advice, guidance and mainly how to prepare for this.

Thank you!

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
ell

Re: Oxford DClinPsy group task

Post by ell » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:25 am

We have very clear rules here on the forum that specific questions or tasks from course interviews are not to be shared here.

kathrynjane

Post by kathrynjane » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:17 pm

AnonymousPerson wrote:Hello,

I have been wondering how to prepare for the group task at the Oxford. I am aware of a generic group task thread that was quite helpful but I'm wondering if there is anyone who has been to the one in Oxford and was able to provide more specific advice, guidance and mainly how to prepare for this.

Thank you!
Hi AnonymousPerson...

When did you hear from Oxford about the group task? I've not heard anything from them yet...

Blossom

Post by Blossom » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:39 am

kathrynjane wrote:
AnonymousPerson wrote:Hello,

Thank you!
Hi AnonymousPerson...

When did you hear from Oxford about the group task? I've not heard anything from them yet...
Hey kathrynjane,

I don't believe AP has heard back yet but on clearing house and on the Oxford site..if offered an interview there is a group task. I am also still waiting to hear so hopefully that will be this week as interviews start less than a month from now and UEA and Essex have informed applicants.

FLCx

Post by FLCx » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:58 pm

Hello, could someone send over the link to the generic thread regarding the Oxford group task? I can't seem to find it anywhere on here! Thank you :D

Gilly

Post by Gilly » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:48 pm

Hi

There won't be a thread specific to Oxfords group task, as there are clear rules on the forum about not discussing the interview techniques from particular Universities (as Ell outlined above)
Rule 13:
viewtopic.php?t=10

We have a wiki which is more general, talking about the type of tasks that have come up in interviews - which can be found here:

http://www.clinpsy.org.uk/wiki/article/interview-tasks

Otherwise we suggest that you look at sources such as clearing house, the courses own website or the alternative handbook. There may also be general discussions on the forum around group tasks which you can draw upon.

I will now be closing this thread.
You're not calling for help, are you?! ;)

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln.