Reserve List Updates Thread

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
mjb223

Re: Reserve List Updates Thread

Post by mjb223 » Fri May 12, 2017 3:04 pm

On the UEL reserve list :) any news of movement?

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
rennyren63

Post by rennyren63 » Fri May 12, 2017 4:40 pm

Anyone out there on the reserve list for Southampton?

Stephhhhaniee

Post by Stephhhhaniee » Sat May 13, 2017 11:30 am

lozzyhickers wrote:Wondered in anyone knew about the status of the RHUL reserve list? A friend of mine is a reserve and would be great to give her some positive news!
It has definitely moved 31 places so far! :D

leannebelll

Post by leannebelll » Sat May 13, 2017 11:32 am

Roz93 wrote:Somehow, I made the reserve list for Lancaster! I've done so much better than I anticipated for my first year, but I'm still naively hoping for some movement. Anyone else in a similar position? :)
I have also made it on to the Lancaster reserve list! I'm quite far down though (9th) so not holding out much hope! Still waiting to hear back from another course so keeping my fingers crossed for that now. Good luck and I hope the list moves enough for you to get a place Roz93!

Roz93

Post by Roz93 » Sat May 13, 2017 11:41 am

leannebelll wrote:
Roz93 wrote:Somehow, I made the reserve list for Lancaster! I've done so much better than I anticipated for my first year, but I'm still naively hoping for some movement. Anyone else in a similar position? :)
I have also made it on to the Lancaster reserve list! I'm quite far down though (9th) so not holding out much hope! Still waiting to hear back from another course so keeping my fingers crossed for that now. Good luck and I hope the list moves enough for you to get a place Roz93!
9th isn't too far at all! From what I've heard, some years the Lancaster reserve list has moved 1 place, and some years it's moved 15! Hopefully we'll both find our way to Lancaster this year :D
"Imagine others complexly" - John Green.

southwest1

Post by southwest1 » Sat May 13, 2017 12:59 pm

Has anyone heard of any movement on the Exeter reserve list?

ellalouh

Post by ellalouh » Sat May 13, 2017 6:17 pm

Is anyone aware of any Trent movement? :)

BathLondonOxford1

Post by BathLondonOxford1 » Mon May 15, 2017 3:19 pm

Currently 7th on reserve list for a place at Bath and 2nd on (one of four) reserve list(s) for interview at IoP and told that it is possible to be called on the morning of this week's interview days.

Feeling very much in reserve list-induced emotional limbo...

jlb36

Post by jlb36 » Mon May 15, 2017 4:07 pm

BathLondonOxford1 wrote:Currently 7th on reserve list for a place at Bath and 2nd on (one of four) reserve list(s) for interview at IoP and told that it is possible to be called on the morning of this week's interview days.

I know how you feel - I'm the same. On two reserve lists for places at the moment (2nd and 6th) but really not sure how likely it is that a place will materialize from either, and because it's all still so unclear I don't really feel in a place to celebrate or feel that pleased. It's also difficult because a place would mean myself and partner moving to another part of the country - so even though I'm really lucky he is hugely supportive - things are up in the air for both of us.

It feels like a bit of an endurance test so am trying to focus on the fact that this really is the final stage of waiting. November when we submitted applications feels like such a long time ago but whatever happens - we are nearly at the finish line for 2017 - there better be a BIG gin and tonic there.

hawke

Post by hawke » Mon May 15, 2017 4:41 pm

jlb36 wrote:
BathLondonOxford1 wrote:Currently 7th on reserve list for a place at Bath and 2nd on (one of four) reserve list(s) for interview at IoP and told that it is possible to be called on the morning of this week's interview days.

I know how you feel - I'm the same. On two reserve lists for places at the moment (2nd and 6th) but really not sure how likely it is that a place will materialize from either, and because it's all still so unclear I don't really feel in a place to celebrate or feel that pleased. It's also difficult because a place would mean myself and partner moving to another part of the country - so even though I'm really lucky he is hugely supportive - things are up in the air for both of us.

It feels like a bit of an endurance test so am trying to focus on the fact that this really is the final stage of waiting. November when we submitted applications feels like such a long time ago but whatever happens - we are nearly at the finish line for 2017 - there better be a BIG gin and tonic there.
*waves from position 6 on the reserve list
Now my interviews are over, I am throwing myself back into life and reminding myself that this doctorate is not the be-all-and-end-all of my existence. Feeling much happier for it, but still keeping my fingers crossed for the Bath list to shift. I have a horrible feeling it won't this year. I think those unis that interview later get more movement on the interview reserve list, but less on the places reserve list :(

puggins

Post by puggins » Tue May 16, 2017 2:14 pm

Is anyone able to give me any update on the Plymouth reserve list? It doesn't feel like there's been much discussion about Plymouth at all! :)

jlb36

Post by jlb36 » Sat May 20, 2017 7:37 am

FYI people waiting on Bath - I was offered a place yesterday afternoon and was number 2 on the reserve list so there is movement this year!

LauraLadybug

Post by LauraLadybug » Sat May 20, 2017 2:15 pm

ellalouh wrote:Is anyone aware of any Trent movement? :)

Is this Ella from the Wednesday assessment day? I think I was on the same day as you! Do you know what position on the list you are? I really hope you get on! I accepted a place at Trent so it'd be so so lovely to train together x

Carla

Post by Carla » Sat May 20, 2017 3:50 pm

LauraLadybug wrote:

Is this Ella from the Wednesday assessment day? I think I was on the same day as you! Do you know what position on the list you are? I really hope you get on! I accepted a place at Trent so it'd be so so lovely to train together x
Waves and says hello to both of you. Hi Laura I was on the Wednesday with you too and got offered a place so it looks like it was a good day - especially if Ella was also with us :D

Have you heard anything yet Ella - I will keep my fingers crossed for you even if you aren't the Ella I met - hope to see you in September too x

ellalouh

Post by ellalouh » Sun May 21, 2017 9:21 pm

LauraLadybug wrote:

It is indeed! :) I'm 8th on the list (as far as I'm aware!) so I'm not anticipating a place, but was really happy to have gotten that far! It would be so lovely to train together though! :) Huge congratulations on your place! :D I knew you'd smash it :D x