Reserve List Updates Thread

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Post Reply
ellalouh
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 11:08 am

Re: Reserve List Updates Thread

Post by ellalouh » Sun May 21, 2017 9:24 pm

Carla wrote:
LauraLadybug wrote:
ellalouh wrote:Is anyone aware of any Trent movement? :)

Is this Ella from the Wednesday assessment day? I think I was on the same day as you! Do you know what position on the list you are? I really hope you get on! I accepted a place at Trent so it'd be so so lovely to train together x
Waves and says hello to both of you. Hi Laura I was on the Wednesday with you too and got offered a place so it looks like it was a good day - especially if Ella was also with us :D

Have you heard anything yet Ella - I will keep my fingers crossed for you even if you aren't the Ella I met - hope to see you in September too x
Hey Carla!! This is the Ella you met! :) that's absolutely fantastic news, so pleased for you and Laura! :) I haven't heard anything more yet, but I'm not holding out to much hope as I'm 8th - just really pleased to have gotten this far! Trent seemed brilliant, so I'm sure you'll both love it. And if the rest of the cohort are as lovely as all of you on our interview day were - I'm sure it will be perfect :D x

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
BathLondonOxford1
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:45 pm

Re: Reserve List Updates Thread

Post by BathLondonOxford1 » Sun May 21, 2017 11:05 pm

hawke wrote:
jlb36 wrote:
BathLondonOxford1 wrote:Currently 7th on reserve list for a place at Bath and 2nd on (one of four) reserve list(s) for interview at IoP and told that it is possible to be called on the morning of this week's interview days.

Feeling very much in reserve list-induced emotional limbo...

I know how you feel - I'm the same. On two reserve lists for places at the moment (2nd and 6th) but really not sure how likely it is that a place will materialize from either, and because it's all still so unclear I don't really feel in a place to celebrate or feel that pleased. It's also difficult because a place would mean myself and partner moving to another part of the country - so even though I'm really lucky he is hugely supportive - things are up in the air for both of us.

It feels like a bit of an endurance test so am trying to focus on the fact that this really is the final stage of waiting. November when we submitted applications feels like such a long time ago but whatever happens - we are nearly at the finish line for 2017 - there better be a BIG gin and tonic there.
*waves from position 6 on the reserve list
Now my interviews are over, I am throwing myself back into life and reminding myself that this doctorate is not the be-all-and-end-all of my existence. Feeling much happier for it, but still keeping my fingers crossed for the Bath list to shift. I have a horrible feeling it won't this year. I think those unis that interview later get more movement on the interview reserve list, but less on the places reserve list :(
Thanks for your reply. It very much is an endurance test. However, I saw you have got in at Bath!! Very pleased for you, especially after your day of missed calls! And thanks for posting about movement too! I'm not feeling hopeful for 5 more lots of movement but it's good to know! Enjoy your now celebratory gin and tonic!

BathLondonOxford1
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:45 pm

Re: Reserve List Updates Thread

Post by BathLondonOxford1 » Sun May 21, 2017 11:08 pm

hawke wrote:
jlb36 wrote:
BathLondonOxford1 wrote:Currently 7th on reserve list for a place at Bath and 2nd on (one of four) reserve list(s) for interview at IoP and told that it is possible to be called on the morning of this week's interview days.

Feeling very much in reserve list-induced emotional limbo...

I know how you feel - I'm the same. On two reserve lists for places at the moment (2nd and 6th) but really not sure how likely it is that a place will materialize from either, and because it's all still so unclear I don't really feel in a place to celebrate or feel that pleased. It's also difficult because a place would mean myself and partner moving to another part of the country - so even though I'm really lucky he is hugely supportive - things are up in the air for both of us.

It feels like a bit of an endurance test so am trying to focus on the fact that this really is the final stage of waiting. November when we submitted applications feels like such a long time ago but whatever happens - we are nearly at the finish line for 2017 - there better be a BIG gin and tonic there.
*waves from position 6 on the reserve list
Now my interviews are over, I am throwing myself back into life and reminding myself that this doctorate is not the be-all-and-end-all of my existence. Feeling much happier for it, but still keeping my fingers crossed for the Bath list to shift. I have a horrible feeling it won't this year. I think those unis that interview later get more movement on the interview reserve list, but less on the places reserve list :(
Hello! Thanks for your reply. So I guess you're now 4th and I'm 5th (at least!). Yes - I'm trying to get my head back into life and be happy with how far I got on my first round of applying (although easier said than done!). I agree - I feel like it won't shift enough....good luck anyhow!

sah2211
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:33 am

Re: Reserve List Updates Thread

Post by sah2211 » Tue May 23, 2017 9:33 am

Hi, just wondering if anyone is thinking about turning down their Liverpool offer?... Anxiously near the top of reserve list :roll:

LauraLadybug
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:20 pm

Re: Reserve List Updates Thread

Post by LauraLadybug » Tue May 23, 2017 1:02 pm

ellalouh wrote:
Carla wrote:
ellalouh wrote:Is anyone aware of any Trent movement? :)
Waves and says hello to both of you. Hi Laura I was on the Wednesday with you too and got offered a place so it looks like it was a good day - especially if Ella was also with us :D

Have you heard anything yet Ella - I will keep my fingers crossed for you even if you aren't the Ella I met - hope to see you in September too x
Hey Carla!! This is the Ella you met! :) that's absolutely fantastic news, so pleased for you and Laura! :) I haven't heard anything more yet, but I'm not holding out to much hope as I'm 8th - just really pleased to have gotten this far! Trent seemed brilliant, so I'm sure you'll both love it. And if the rest of the cohort are as lovely as all of you on our interview day were - I'm sure it will be perfect :D x
Ah amazing. Ella, I've got everything crossed for you. It could definitely move 8 spaces depending on what others decide to do :) And Carla, it'll be lovely to train together :) Sarah from our day also got onto the course, we kept in touch on facebook, and will be based in Lincoln. Carla are you going to be based in Derbyshire? Seem to remember you saying that was your first choice? Ella, let us know if you hear anything. I really hope you get a place! :D

LucyT
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Reserve List Updates Thread

Post by LucyT » Tue May 23, 2017 4:01 pm

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let people know that I have declined my place at UEL so the reserve list should be moving, I have decided Surrey is the right course for me :D .

Best of luck to those waiting to hear, sorry to those who didn't make it this year and congratulations to those who have been offered places. x

jlb36
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:03 am

Re: Reserve List Updates Thread

Post by jlb36 » Wed May 24, 2017 12:35 pm

hawke wrote:
jlb36 wrote:
BathLondonOxford1 wrote:
Thanks for your reply. It very much is an endurance test. However, I saw you have got in at Bath!! Very pleased for you, especially after your day of missed calls! And thanks for posting about movement too! I'm not feeling hopeful for 5 more lots of movement but it's good to know! Enjoy your now celebratory gin and tonic!
Thanks so much! It was definitely a testing time but all worked out well in the end - really hope that it does for you as well! Everything crossed for more movement - I can totally understand being cautious but you never know!

canpsych
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:52 am

Re: Reserve List Updates Thread

Post by canpsych » Wed May 24, 2017 2:23 pm

Does anyone know of any movement on the UCL list at all?

rennyren63
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:37 am

Re: Reserve List Updates Thread

Post by rennyren63 » Wed May 24, 2017 2:57 pm

I've just spoken to Southampton - they have 11 places confirmed and 4 waiting to confirm. I've moved from 6th to 4th on the reserve list. So close but starting to feel like it might all be over for me this year. If anyone has any news about their Southampton offer it would be great to hear. Good luck everyone!

charlie27
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: Reserve List Updates Thread

Post by charlie27 » Wed May 24, 2017 6:34 pm

Update for anyone on Exeter's reserve list - I was offered a place today so the list is moving!!!
So horrible not knowing where you are on the list but don't give up hope yet :D

Excited to meet any Exeter trainees!! :D

sophieso
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:49 pm

Re: Reserve List Updates Thread

Post by sophieso » Thu May 25, 2017 10:53 am

canpsych wrote:Does anyone know of any movement on the UCL list at all?
UCL hasn't had any movement as of this morning :(

ecmor
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 3:49 pm

Re: Reserve List Updates Thread

Post by ecmor » Thu May 25, 2017 3:34 pm

UEL update from yesterday: reserve list has moved 3 places and there are 7 places left to accept.

Roz93
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:12 pm
Location: North-west

Re: Reserve List Updates Thread

Post by Roz93 » Thu May 25, 2017 4:51 pm

Lancaster update from yesterday: Two places have moved since results were first announced (so if you came in as 3rd reserve, you're 1st reserve now), around 7/8 places still to accept.

Fingers crossed a couple more of us make it! :D
"Imagine others complexly" - John Green.

emmalj
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 2:38 pm

Re: Reserve List Updates Thread

Post by emmalj » Thu May 25, 2017 7:09 pm

Just rejected a place at Salomons (in case anyone is waiting for movement!!) Good luck everyone - what a process!! :)

halice93
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Reserve List Updates Thread

Post by halice93 » Thu May 25, 2017 7:54 pm

For anyone on the Plymouth reserve list, it is yet to move at all. I'm 1st and have been since the outset so there is currently no movement. Fingers crossed I will be updating with some good news and movement at some point.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests