Researching "awareness of the current NHS context"?

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
DanJJJJJJ

Researching "awareness of the current NHS context"?

Post by DanJJJJJJ » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:45 pm

Hi all,

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place but - I've noticed that being able to discuss "demonstrating your awareness of the current NHS context" seems to be a key part of DClinPsych interviews (at least on some courses).

I work in the NHS so have some ideas but I wonder if anyone can direct me to appropriate reading material on this? A good overview perhaps? Thinking about it I don't really know much about this from the point of view of clinical psychology.

Many thanks

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Holly85

Re: Researching "awareness of the current NHS context"?

Post by Holly85 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:16 pm

Hi Dan

I find the Guardian news website a really good source of information for summarising up key issues in mental health in the NHS. Specifically linked to Psychology you have the New Savoy Partnership which has a lot of information on there and thenationalelf is also a good website.

lakeland

Post by lakeland » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:39 pm

The HSJ is also really good, but it needs a subscription - however, some Trusts subscribe so check with your library.

DanJJJJJJ

Post by DanJJJJJJ » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:55 pm

Thank you for the replies. I found some good stuff on the NHS England website as well if anyone else is interested in this.