The wait: How many times have you refreshed your email?

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
mimik

The wait: How many times have you refreshed your email?

Post by mimik » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:48 pm

I'm not sure if I am the only one (probably not), but I have been obsessively refreshing my emails - even though I know that not much can change in less than one second - I have been so distracted just waiting to hear back.

I thought waiting for the shortlisting would be the hardest part, but it turns out waiting to hear back after an interview is even harder. I was wondering if people could share better coping strategies than this obsessive wait. What are people doing when they are not refreshing their emails? And how can I STOP ruminating on my interview answers?

Stay strong people :mrgreen:

Psychlove xxx

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
DanJJJJJJ

Re: The wait: How many times have you refreshed your email?

Post by DanJJJJJJ » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:43 pm

This might help, always does the trick for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Alex

Re: The wait: How many times have you refreshed your email?

Post by Alex » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:56 pm

mimik wrote:I'm not sure if I am the only one (probably not), but I have been obsessively refreshing my emails - even though I know that not much can change in less than one second - I have been so distracted just waiting to hear back.

I thought waiting for the shortlisting would be the hardest part, but it turns out waiting to hear back after an interview is even harder. I was wondering if people could share better coping strategies than this obsessive wait. What are people doing when they are not refreshing their emails? And how can I STOP ruminating on my interview answers?

Stay strong people :mrgreen:

Psychlove xxx
Use an app to block website for the amount of time you want - you can start low at 5 minutes. Then you can't possibly check. if you have an account on phone - take account off and change password to something difficult to memorised.

Despite it feeling like an age - it does pass, remember that it will pass.

Try to be present - hooking yourself into any tasks to are doing.

Ask yourself how ruminating is making you feel? Will it change your answers?

Remind yourself that you did the best you could at that moment

Or just accept that you will be refreshing your e-mails and that's ok. it's ok to be anxious about a life changing outcome.