UEL interview day

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
AnonymousPerson

UEL interview day

Post by AnonymousPerson » Fri May 05, 2017 11:30 pm

Hello,

How did people find the UEL interview. Personally found this quite difficult.. don't want to break any forum rules. Just curious to hear about people's experiences xx

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
hiccough

Re: UEL interview day

Post by hiccough » Sun May 07, 2017 7:06 pm

I have to say the questions were very long and at some points felt like a memory test! I don't think the content of my answers were worthy of me getting on- I feel my interview anxiety impeded my ability to properly digest and fully answer the questions- was this similar to your experience?

AnonymousPerson

Post by AnonymousPerson » Sun May 07, 2017 10:44 pm

I agree, I also feel I rambled a lot and was not able to give structured answers :(

Gloria2016

Post by Gloria2016 » Mon May 08, 2017 1:12 pm

I agree, I found the interview a bit difficult and couldn't structure well either!!!
Good luck everyone!! :))

askeo

Post by askeo » Tue May 09, 2017 12:59 pm

I also found the interview difficult. I really could not think on the spot enough and really struggled to try and get across my experience. Really wasn't what I was expecting at all. When is everyone expecting to hear back about the outcome? Good luck!

ClinPsyOo

Post by ClinPsyOo » Wed May 10, 2017 9:44 am

What does everyone think now that we have the feedback?

I also found the questions difficult but I guess they assessed our ability to think outside the box and they didn't expect us to know it all...?

Blueberries

Post by Blueberries » Thu May 11, 2017 6:51 pm

2017 Interview at UEL

I found its a hideous experience. It was extremely tough. I didn't know what to prepare because they changed the style recently - apparently.

I felt like I couldn't understand the questions because they had many components. How about you?

Somehow they offered me a place. I guess I did something right.

ClinPsyOo

Post by ClinPsyOo » Thu May 11, 2017 7:49 pm

Yes, the many different components to the questions made it tough. I kept on asking them to repeat the question! Looking at the mean scores of the cohort, it looks like everyone found it quite hard...