What would you hope to gain from training? (750 character li

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
camilla

What would you hope to gain from training? (750 character li

Post by camilla » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:05 pm

Hi Guys,

It might be a stupid question or maybe others have already answered this. But what would you say to this questions"What would you hope to gain from training? (750 character limit for this question)" . I was thinking like : developing skills for being clinical psychologist, growing as a person, communication .... Things like that? Is it too general maybe ?

Thank you so much in advance :D
Camilla

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
ell

Re: What would you hope to gain from training? (750 characte

Post by ell » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:34 pm

Think about your strengths and weaknesses now, what skills you have and don't have that you will need as a qualified Clinical Psychologist. Think about what unique opportunities you will get from training, experiences you will have that will help you develop. Bring it down to those nuts and bolts, don't worry about using all the buzz words. 'Communication' is all very well, but exactly how do you hope your communication skills will develop? This is where you get to be you, in that not everyone wants or needs to develop in the same way.

camilla

Post by camilla » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:37 pm

ell wrote:Think about your strengths and weaknesses now, what skills you have and don't have that you will need as a qualified Clinical Psychologist. Think about what unique opportunities you will get from training, experiences you will have that will help you develop. Bring it down to those nuts and bolts, don't worry about using all the buzz words. 'Communication' is all very well, but exactly how do you hope your communication skills will develop? This is where you get to be you, in that not everyone wants or needs to develop in the same way.

Thank you so much Ell!! Really good advice !! Will do that definitely !!

workingmama
Team Member

Post by workingmama » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:22 pm

I think it's not possible to fill in everything that you might want, but I'd think of (say) three areas where you already identify that you need especial training/experience, or where you can see clinical psychology heading, and use those (or at least, that's what I did). Good luck!
Fail, fail again, fail better.

camilla

Post by camilla » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:06 am

workingmama wrote:I think it's not possible to fill in everything that you might want, but I'd think of (say) three areas where you already identify that you need especial training/experience, or where you can see clinical psychology heading, and use those (or at least, that's what I did). Good luck!
Thank you ! sounds a good idea ! :D

Camilla