Confirmation of BPS status?

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
RockShaman

Confirmation of BPS status?

Post by RockShaman » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:35 pm

So this is my third year applying for the Clinical Psychology doctorate and I just wanted to know if I need to update my letter confirming my BPS accreditation. The letter I'm currently using is confirming my 2015 membership but do I need to get a more current letter showing my 2017 membership status, or does the 2015 letter suffice?

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Geishawife
Team Member

Re: Confirmation of BPS status?

Post by Geishawife » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:57 pm

I'm a little unclear what you are referring to when you talk of membership and accreditation. Actual membership is not a requirement for the CP doctorate. What you need from the BPS is confirmation that your degree gives you GBC. The year in which that was confirmed doesn't matter - your degree will not suddenly stop conferring GBC because 2 years have elapsed! So, if that is what you mean by your accreditation, no you do not need to update it.