Bank work on application form

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
em1994

Bank work on application form

Post by em1994 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:12 pm

Hello,

Does anyone have any advice on how to put bank work down on the application form? I know it states to put average hours if you didn’t work set hours. However when I banked as a support worker throughout my degree, there were some months when I might only work one shift, and other months when I would work 3/4 times a week due to being at university and o let working during holidays/ occasional weekends. Really struggle with how I could accurately document this.

Thanks

Emily

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
BlueCat
Site Admin

Re: Bank work on application form

Post by BlueCat » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:03 pm

I would add up all the hours (ish) you did in total. Then I would work out how many weeks that was over (including weeks you didn't work). Then I would divide the number of hours by the number of weeks. That is your average. Put that. Then explain in the "duties" bit that it was irregular work, sometimes one shift per week, sometimes three or four.
There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes. Billy Connolly.