Do referees receive a reminder from clearing house?

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
puggins

Do referees receive a reminder from clearing house?

Post by puggins » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:42 am

Hi all :).

I've submitted my application and it says that one of my references hasn't even been started, and the other is started but incomplete. I was wondering whether clearing house sends reminders about references or whether I need to remind them myself?

Obviously I don't want to nag, but I don't want to miss out on references!

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
marcres

Re: Do referees receive a reminder from clearing house?

Post by marcres » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:03 am

The deadline for the references isn't until 7th December and from my understanding Clearing House will chase them up after that date. But I would really get in touch with your referees if they haven't completed it by next week and avoid going past the deadline. Mine haven't come back yet either but as it's quite a lengthy form I assume they will do it when they have some time available.

Edited to add:
I just came across an older thread on this topic and it looks like you won't have to panic if they aren't in by the deadline: http://clinpsy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=19150

Loula

Re: Do referees receive a reminder from clearing house?

Post by Loula » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:57 am

Yes, I've been a referee and got emailed several reminders. I think the final deadline for references is early January so don't panic just yet