Pre-interview tests UEL/Salomons

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
amberhog

Pre-interview tests UEL/Salomons

Post by amberhog » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:08 pm

Hi all,

I was hoping someone might be able to clarify a few things for me:

-Which tests need to be done if someone has just applied for UEL?
-------Is it just the written statistics test on the 17th of Feb?

-For the situational judgement tests which are completed online:
-------Do these include ravens matrices?
-------Is there any way of revising for these?

-For the written test on the 17th of Feb:
-------I think I read somewhere that they aren't asking anyone to write abstracts anymore... is this official? Or just a rumour?
-------Are the tests the same for UEL and Salomons?

Thanks in advance everyone!
AH

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
HannahGreg

Re: Pre-interview tests UEL/Salomons

Post by HannahGreg » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:37 am

Has anybody been invited to these tests yet? I’m getting quite nervous as the deadline for notification is Friday and I haven’t heard anything yet. I definitely meet the minimum criteria too...

Victoriomantic

Post by Victoriomantic » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:58 am

Nope, not heard yet. Guess we just hang fire until after Friday.

camilla

Post by camilla » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:38 pm

Hi ,

I have being invited for the tests for University of East London (UEL) last week , hope you got it as well by now . :)

Victoriomantic

Post by Victoriomantic » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:34 am

Oh yeah, I realise my post may have been misleading. UEL have already contacted people. Surrey & Salomons haven't yet.

Victoriomantic

Post by Victoriomantic » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:31 pm

I just got my emails from Surrey and Salomons within the last half an hour.

Maango

Post by Maango » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:01 pm

I received my reply from both Surrey and Christchurch this morning, ten minutes apart from each other! Although I've been invited to Christchurch selection tests, I was not accepted for Surrey which is a shame :( bit confused about it since looking at the entry criteria they pretty much the same. Can anyone enlighten me about this?

Golightly

Post by Golightly » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:17 pm

Maango wrote:I received my reply from both Surrey and Christchurch this morning, ten minutes apart from each other! Although I've been invited to Christchurch selection tests, I was not accepted for Surrey which is a shame :( bit confused about it since looking at the entry criteria they pretty much the same. Can anyone enlighten me about this?
Hi Maango, I had the same feedback - invited to Salomons but not Surrey. I reviewed the criteria and thought I met all of them but it seems I haven't. It's a tricky one to figure out.

Victoriomantic

Post by Victoriomantic » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:25 pm

They do usually post disclaimers saying they choose their candidates independently of one another so it's possible to get picked by one not the other, but that does sound very disappointing. Maybe it's relative to other application forms for each uni? Couldn't say.

ell

Post by ell » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:36 pm

If you meet all the criteria for doing the screening test, but you've not been offered a test, then it might be worth contacting the course centre to see if it's an error. Nothing to lose.

camilla

Post by camilla » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:58 am

Hi guys,

considering we were talking about tests, is there a difference between numerical test and non-verbal reasoning test ? sorry it is my first year applying , hope I am allowed to ask this question .

Golightly

Post by Golightly » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:45 pm

ell wrote:If you meet all the criteria for doing the screening test, but you've not been offered a test, then it might be worth contacting the course centre to see if it's an error. Nothing to lose.
Hi Ell,
Thanks. I followed your suggestion and sent them an email. I got a very nice email back from them. Unfortunately, it was not a mistake but knowing that is much better than wondering about it for the next week or two!

ell

Post by ell » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:25 pm

Golightly wrote:
ell wrote:If you meet all the criteria for doing the screening test, but you've not been offered a test, then it might be worth contacting the course centre to see if it's an error. Nothing to lose.
Hi Ell,
Thanks. I followed your suggestion and sent them an email. I got a very nice email back from them. Unfortunately, it was not a mistake but knowing that is much better than wondering about it for the next week or two!
Sorry to hear that. Am glad you acted and got clarification though. Did they let you know how you didn't meet the criteria, ready for next year?

Golightly

Post by Golightly » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:51 pm

ell wrote:
Golightly wrote:
Hi Ell,
Sorry to hear that. Am glad you acted and got clarification though. Did they let you know how you didn't meet the criteria, ready for next year?

Yes, they said that I didn't sufficiently evidence how I applied psychological theories in clinical settings to meet the nine months clinical experience required. It was helpful feedback and I'll take it on board.

XxKLKNxx

Post by XxKLKNxx » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:03 am

Maango wrote:I received my reply from both Surrey and Christchurch this morning, ten minutes apart from each other! Although I've been invited to Christchurch selection tests, I was not accepted for Surrey which is a shame :( bit confused about it since looking at the entry criteria they pretty much the same. Can anyone enlighten me about this?
Surrey have different minimum requirement criteria regarding grades. They had this on the website or clearing house a while back but seem to have taken it down.

I also have been selected to take test at Salomons and not Surrey. Hope this is helpful and good luck.