Pre-interview tests UEL/Salomons

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Victoriomantic

Re: Pre-interview tests UEL/Salomons

Post by Victoriomantic » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:40 pm

Congratulations JoJoore, me too :)

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
pianohead

Post by pianohead » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:38 pm

Congrats those with interviews for Salomons! Did anyone else notice that the interview schedule they attached implies they're only interviewing 29 people? Surely that can't be right! :?

AliceCharlotte3

Post by AliceCharlotte3 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:02 pm

[/quote]
pianohead wrote:Congrats those with interviews for Salomons! Did anyone else notice that the interview schedule they attached implies they're only interviewing 29 people? Surely that can't be right! :?
I thought that last night! But I assume that it means that there are 3 panels going alongside each other. So at any time there are three candidate 1s three candidate 2s etc. Because it still says on the website that they were hoping to invite 118 people. Either that or they’ve MASSIVELY cut the number of places :/

Congrats on the interview :)

pianohead

Post by pianohead » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:19 pm

Ah that would make sense :lol:

collo16

Post by collo16 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:12 pm

Does anyone know when Surrey will send out letters/e-mails? Been way longer than expected!

Jojoore18

Post by Jojoore18 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:52 pm

Some people received interview invites via email for Surrey this morning. Not sure whether they send out emails in batches.

pianohead

Post by pianohead » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:20 pm

Rejection email from Surrey - best of luck to everyone else waiting to hear from them.
Last edited by pianohead on Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SamH

Post by SamH » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:50 pm

Have UEL contacted anyone yet? Or does anyone know the date they'll let us know? :|

ebeck

Post by ebeck » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:24 pm

SamH wrote:Have UEL contacted anyone yet? Or does anyone know the date they'll let us know? :|
Hi SamH

UEL wrote on that blurb on the coloured sheet they gave us on the day of the test that they would email ON March 16th (not by), so I think they are waiting until the last day. If it comes in sooner: happy days, but no need to hit the refresh button where they're concerned as they haven't given us any reason to think it'll come sooner.

HTH

SamH

Post by SamH » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:15 am

ebeck wrote: Hi SamH

UEL wrote on that blurb on the coloured sheet they gave us on the day of the test that they would email ON March 16th (not by), so I think they are waiting until the last day. If it comes in sooner: happy days, but no need to hit the refresh button where they're concerned as they haven't given us any reason to think it'll come sooner.

HTH
Oh thanks! I missed that in all the fuss and panic! :oops: That'll save me checking my emails!

yllmerie

Post by yllmerie » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:27 am

Hi everyone,

I have applied for UEL this year and I was wondering if you could tell me what the pre-selection tests were last year? I've gathered from this thread that there was a section on research methods - was it stats or which type of study to use or both?
Additionally do you complete the tests in person or online?

Thanks

hjd118

Post by hjd118 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:37 pm

I would really appreciate any advice on the MCQ and written tests also. Does anyone have any good links to resources to revise the material. I saw a book recommended on this forum 'How to Design and Report Experiments by Andy Field and Graham Hole'. But this was quite a while ago so not sure if this is still the most up to date resource.

There are some past papers online but these seem to be dated 2012-2016. Have the tests changed in format since then?

Smallblonde02

Post by Smallblonde02 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:43 am

hjd118 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:37 pm
I would really appreciate any advice on the MCQ and written tests also. Does anyone have any good links to resources to revise the material. I saw a book recommended on this forum 'How to Design and Report Experiments by Andy Field and Graham Hole'. But this was quite a while ago so not sure if this is still the most up to date resource.

There are some past papers online but these seem to be dated 2012-2016. Have the tests changed in format since then?
The test last year (2018 entry) was all MCQ’s with no written tasks - I think there is an example on the Salomon, Surrey or UEL site. I found the test extremely hard last year so this year I’m using the book you mentioned and ‘Discovering Statistics Using SPSS’ by Andy Field and ‘Research Methods and Statistics in Psychology’ by Hugh coolican.
Last edited by maven on Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: to correct typos at author's request

hjd118

Post by hjd118 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:24 am

Does anyone know when we might hear from Surrey with an invitation to sit the tests? It seems from previous years not much notice is given?

Esuma

Post by Esuma » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:13 am

Yeah I don’t think there’s much notice but if you think you meet the minimum criteria keep the day free and get revising! It’s weird to revise when you don’t even know for sure you’re sitting the test but I’m starting to prep now