Pre-interview tests UEL/Salomons

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Esuma

Re: Pre-interview tests UEL/Salomons

Post by Esuma » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:44 pm

JB99 wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:07 pm
I botched the writing task. I catastrophically misinterpreted the task and had to restart 15 mins in :oops:
Hopefully my furious attempts to make up for lost time at least amounted to something..
Oh no that’s awful! I feel like I might have misunderstood too, it wasn’t what I was expecting which really threw me off and the word limit was quite confusing / tricky! I spent half the time reading and confusing myself ha

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
arias

Post by arias » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:07 am

Argh I don't want to think about the tests on Saturday. However, I did manage to ask afterwards and the lady I asked told me that they don't have the date yet so...I guess we play the waiting game now. :?

Does anyone happen to know when interviews are likely to be held?

JB99

Post by JB99 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:56 am

Esuma wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:44 pm
JB99 wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:07 pm
I botched the writing task. I catastrophically misinterpreted the task and had to restart 15 mins in :oops:
Hopefully my furious attempts to make up for lost time at least amounted to something..
Oh no that’s awful! I feel like I might have misunderstood too, it wasn’t what I was expecting which really threw me off and the word limit was quite confusing / tricky! I spent half the time reading and confusing myself ha

Glad it wasn't just me, although I'm sorry to hear that you also found it confusing. Needless to say, I ran out of time and the work I did submit was very rushed. I guess we will see how it goes!

Esuma

Post by Esuma » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:20 pm

A really tricky exam! I guess we did the best we could at the time whatever happens.

Interview dates for all the unis are here:

https://www.leeds.ac.uk/chpccp/InterviewDates.pdf

hjd118

Post by hjd118 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:12 pm

Just had an email to say they are not going to use the STJ data for the shortlisting process, this is a shame because that was the only bit I thought went okay!

JB99

Post by JB99 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:19 pm

hjd118 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:12 pm
Just had an email to say they are not going to use the STJ data for the shortlisting process, this is a shame because that was the only bit I thought went okay!
Yeh, it's a shame that they couldn't have scrapped the written test :| That was the one that went badly for me.

I wonder what the differences in the administration were..

Smallblonde02

Post by Smallblonde02 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:22 pm

JB99 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:19 pm
hjd118 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:12 pm
Yeh, it's a shame that they couldn't have scrapped the written test :| That was the one that went badly for me.

I wonder what the differences in the administration were..
I think people at UEL didn’t get given a time limit to complete the SJT

Samays

Post by Samays » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:23 pm

Someone I spoke to before the test said their supervisor was affiliated with the Surrey course and told them the SJT had been the best predictor of performance on training in the past so it is a big shame that it was not used. I wonder how this will impact the intake and whether they made other considerations because of it, perhaps complicating the shortlisting process...

Ktselle

Post by Ktselle » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:54 pm

Samays wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:23 pm
Someone I spoke to before the test said their supervisor was affiliated with the Surrey course and told them the SJT had been the best predictor of performance on training in the past so it is a big shame that it was not used. I wonder how this will impact the intake and whether they made other considerations because of it, perhaps complicating the shortlisting process...
In Salomons’s decision email last week they stated that the MCQ was their main method of shortlisting this year given they were no longer using our SJT scores. I hope this is different for Surrey!

Esuma

Post by Esuma » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:30 pm

Ktselle wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:54 pm
Samays wrote:
In Salomons’s decision email last week they stated that the MCQ was their main method of shortlisting this year given they were no longer using our SJT scores. I hope this is different for Surrey!

I’ve no hope then :lol:

Ktselle

Post by Ktselle » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:42 pm

Esuma wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:30 pm
Ktselle wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:54 pm
Samays wrote:

I’ve no hope then :lol:
Same for me 😂 best of luck though! You never know

Samays

Post by Samays » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:44 am

Oh dear! My whole drive home from the test was horrible moments of realising I'd gotten easy questions wrong. I just couldn't think straight after a few questions threw me. And the added pressure of the time limit wasn't great. So likewise, I'm not holding out much hope! But at least I have a better idea for next year.