Selection tests for Coventry/Leicester/Staffordshire

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
becky1989

Selection tests for Coventry/Leicester/Staffordshire

Post by becky1989 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:25 pm

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone has been invited to the selection tests for Staffordshire, Leicester or Coventry & Warwick?
I definitely meet the minimum criteria (and then some!) but have only been invited to screen test at Birmingham so far.

Just ordering if nyone else has heard and should I then assume that I haven't been shortlisted?

Thanks
Becky

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
RJParker

Re: Selection tests for Coventry/Leicester/Staffordshire

Post by RJParker » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:17 pm

Programmes only got the final batches of applications yesterday.

scott54

Post by scott54 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:38 pm

Hi Becky,

I wouldn’t question it at this stage, there is still plenty of time to hear from Course centres...

You can view the windows for selection tests on the chpccp website...and from this you can estimate when you’ll likely hear from each centre.

http://www.leeds.ac.uk/chpccp/aftershortlist.html

Good luck with your application

S

Esuma

Post by Esuma » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:24 pm

How funny we’ve applied for the exact same courses!! I’m in the same situation but checking the site dates has reassured me. I didn’t think Coventry / Warwick did a selection test but the Leicester one has a date on the site and Stafford just lists a week but hopefully we’ll see soon!

kathrynjane

Post by kathrynjane » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:49 pm

I have applied for the same courses :-)

My application was sent out in the last batch on 31st Jan, and I haven't even heard from Birmingham yet (but definitely meet the criteria as I took the test last year).

I struggle with the fact some people hear weeks before others! :?

becky1989

Post by becky1989 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:10 pm

Yes, my mistake, Coventry & Warwick doesn't have a selection test
My application was released to centres on 4th January and I was invited to the test at Birmingham on 22nd January if that helps?

I'm just a tad concerned as Staffs and Leicester test days are coming up in Feb and I still haven't heard... I was shortlisted to their screening tests last time so I definitely meet the minimum criteria.

Staffs is the week beginning 26th Feb (3 weeks today)
and Leicester is Thurs 22nd Feb (2 weeks and 3 days away)

If I don't hear soon, then I'm going to struggle to book the time off work, which will be really frustrating.
I'm sure I had earlier notice the last time I applied (2 years ago)

Please let me know if anyone hears about the Leicester of Staffs selection tests, thanks!

RJParker

Post by RJParker » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:02 pm

Staffs are still in process with their candidates - you will have a 2 week window (the same window as Lancaster) to complete their tests online so I don't think this should be a big issue work wise.

Kasiopea

Post by Kasiopea » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:19 pm

I've received both invitations from Lancaster and Staffordshire courses. As Staffordshire has also the GMA screening test this year, I'm wondering... do we need to complete the GMA test twice then?? :bom:
Thanks!

kathrynjane

Post by kathrynjane » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:23 pm

Staffs emails for screening have been sent out

RJParker

Post by RJParker » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:16 pm

Kasiopea wrote:I've received both invitations from Lancaster and Staffordshire courses. As Staffordshire has also the GMA screening test this year, I'm wondering... do we need to complete the GMA test twice then?? :bom:
Thanks!
Nope, just once. The results then go to both course centres. You'll just get one invitation to do the tests.

Kasiopea

Post by Kasiopea » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:56 pm

Good news... Thanks RJParker!! :D

becky1989

Post by becky1989 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:07 pm

I've had the email too now, I hadn't realised they were doing it online as I attended face to face 2 years ago.
Apologies, prime example of me getting worried and anxious for no reason haha

kathrynjane

Post by kathrynjane » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:20 pm

becky1989 wrote:I've had the email too now, I hadn't realised they were doing it online as I attended face to face 2 years ago.
Apologies, prime example of me getting worried and anxious for no reason haha
They've changed it for this year. Gutted because I avoided Lancaster purely due to this horrible test!! Much more comfortable with the old style research methods test

Esuma

Post by Esuma » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:25 pm

Does anyone know what Leicester are doing this year? I assumed it would be verbal and numerical reasoning but since they have a specific date I’m wondering if they’ve changed too this year?

RJParker

Post by RJParker » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:25 am

Esuma wrote:Does anyone know what Leicester are doing this year? I assumed it would be verbal and numerical reasoning but since they have a specific date I’m wondering if they’ve changed too this year?
They have indeed changed - I don't know the detail of their tests this year though I'm afraid.